Is my Cannes - St Paul de Vence - Antibes plan correct?

cruise kitty

Hi all, (esp. Mr. Hank) :) We will be in Cannes overnight during the film festival, I'm very comfortable with taking public transport in Europe, walking long distances, hills not a problem. I'd like my transport plan proofread so to speak :)

ship is overnight 8am to 4 pm following day, & we've already been to Nice & Eze, & Villafranche, would like something new.

I plan on going on our first day, taking the train from Cannes to Cagnes Sur Mer, exiting station, & walking to bus stop & taking the #400 bus to St. Paul De Vence, spending as much time as we'd like there, & then return by bus #400, back on train, & stop in Antibes for several hours, finishing up by train back to Cannes.

Do you see any holes in my plan? We don't want to rent a car as DH & I both plan on relaxing in cafes with beer & wine.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Your plan looks fine to us:). Love those overnights as it just takes away all the stress of worrying about getting back to the ship. Also keep in mind that there are some bus options when it comes to moving along the coast (Cagnes sur Mer, Antibes, Cannes). We have not personally used these buses (hopefully somebody with more bus experience will jump-in here) but a bus might be a worthy alternative.

But now for the answer to the question you did not ask :). DW and I love to dine in Cannes, if the weather cooperates. Although we will not recommend a specific restaurant we have a favorite street where we like to walk, check-out the daily menus and make a choice based upon what feels right at the time. The street is called the Rue Sainte Antoine and it is within easy walking distance of the tender pier (Old Port). The street winds up the hill just past the old port area and you use Google Maps to take a look at the location (and print out a map). DW and I usually stroll up that street early in the evening and check-out all the options. When something looks right we will make a reservation and stop back later (after reinforcing ourselves with a cocktail or two). Most of the café/restaurants on this street offer both outdoor (right on the street) and indoor dining and on a warm evening it can be magical outside.

Hank

Thank you, Hank! I do have bus directions as a back up plan, & I appreciate the restaurant recommendations, I'm keeping back up plans for our time in Cannes, as I imagine it's going to be crowded with the film people... & yes, overnights are the best.

Hi all, (esp. Mr. Hank) :) We will be in Cannes overnight during the film festival, I'm very comfortable with taking public transport in Europe, walking long distances, hills not a problem. I'd like my transport plan proofread so to speak :)

ship is overnight 8am to 4 pm following day, & we've already been to Nice & Eze, & Villafranche, would like something new.

Hi cruise kitty, sounds like the 5/9/16 Equinox sailing, we're on that one too and want to rent a car and drive up to St Paul de Vence and Eze on Day 1, still not decided about Day 2. Maybe Monte Carlo?

Hi cruise kitty, sounds like the 5/9/16 Equinox sailing, we're on that one too and want to rent a car and drive up to St Paul de Vence and Eze on Day 1, still not decided about Day 2. Maybe Monte Carlo?

Hi Prish, yes, we're on the same cruise :)

For day 2 I plan on walking up to Le Sequet & enjoying the views

• 4 weeks later...
Hi prish,

Have you found car rental close to port? We are on Oceania Riviera in May and would like to rent in all ports, Marseille, Cannes, Antibes, etc...

Since you did not mention my name (my ego will never recover) we will only make a suggestion for one of your ports. Most of the rental car agencies in Cannes are located on the other side of the harbor (closer to the train station) about a 25 min walk from the tender pier. But there is a small regional rental car company located much closer and here is their link:

http://mistral-location.com/uk/index.htm

Although we have not personally rented from them, a few friends have been very satisfied. However, you will probably find a lower price if you shop around among the majors located at the other side of town.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Hi prish,

Have you found car rental close to port? We are on Oceania Riviera in May and would like to rent in all ports, Marseille, Cannes, Antibes, etc...

We decided to go with a private tour for eight, that way the driver will also get to take in the sights and not worry about directions, parking, etc.