Cabin Reviews

BosoxI

Is there a site where past travelers can post reviews of their cabin? I am tempted to take a cruise on short notice and as cheaply as possible. I see numerous Obstructed View cabins are available and I could live with that, depending on just how much the view is obstructed. I don't want to be staring at the side of a lifeboat for 10 days. The ship I'm considering is the Royal, incidentally. Or am I better off just booking an unobstructed view and be done with it?

Is there a site where past travelers can post reviews of their cabin? I am tempted to take a cruise on short notice and as cheaply as possible. I see numerous Obstructed View cabins are available and I could live with that, depending on just how much the view is obstructed. I don't want to be staring at the side of a lifeboat for 10 days. The ship I'm considering is the Royal, incidentally. Or am I better off just booking an unobstructed view and be done with it?

Here's a link to a helpful site maintained by CC participant Theo (Renmar) with photos of the views from many OOV cabins.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

You will see the top of the lifeboats and they stick up about even with the balcony railing. If you stand up you can see out, just not down. Also, there are cabins in the front with large angled balconies and these have solid sides up to the balcony railing. You can't see out if sitting but standing and looking over the railing you can see out and down.

BTW, the last two lifeboats on either side are tenders and are taller (stick up higher) than the rest of the lifeboats.:cool:

• Administrators

We also have a cabin review section right here at CC -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cabin-reviews/

When people submit their member reviews, they can add to this part of the site by listing their cabin number and any thoughts about their cabins.

We also have a cabin review section right here at CC -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cabin-reviews/

When people submit their member reviews, they can add to this part of the site by listing their cabin number and any thoughts about their cabins.

As always, CC members come to the rescue. Thanks to all of you, my course is clear.

I saw only a few "popular ships" of actual cabin reviews, none of which were Princess ships. Seems like most were links to online TAs. Edited by billco

I saw only a few "popular ships" of actual cabin reviews, none of which were Princess ships. Seems like most were links to online TAs.

When I used the link to look at Star Princess balconies, I found over 100 member reviews. :confused:

When I used the link to look at Star Princess balconies, I found over 100 member reviews. :confused:
Sorry, you are right. I should have done one more click, instead of stopping at the Check Prices