Mariner of the Seas vs Sapphire Princess

vms

I am looking at a possible short cruise in Asia this fall as part of a trip to Singapore, and since I've only cruised once, I'd like to hear from people with lots more knowledge and experience than I have.

My search has narrowed to a 4 day on Mariner of the Seas (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, at Sea, Singapore) or a 5 day on Sapphire Princess (same itinerary with addition of Penang, Malaysia). Besides the obvious (1 extra day, more $), what else should I be considering?

My one previous cruise was on Celebrity Century (7 day Western Caribbean). I chose Celebrity for it's service reputation, and I was very pleased with everything. I did sign up for Captain's Club at that time, so I think I get created like R&C Gold, but I don't think the perks are enough to sway my decision.

Appreciate any thoughts, especially from anyone who's cruised on either of these ships recently.

We have cruised both ships, hands down Mariner is the easy winner . I will say take my opinion with a grain of salt, both cruises were out of Southern Ca., I have heard that Mariner has changed and totally caters to Asian cruisers, not sure about Sapphire. happy cruising

I am very familiar with both ships and have cruised all the ships in each of their ship classes. I agree with the last response. Mariner is also the hands down winner for me too.

Sorry, you will not be recognized for your status on Royal Caribbean. You have to be Select on Celebrity before you receive reciprocal status (Platinum) on RCI. Classic and Gold do not reciprocate.

The Asian market is very hot right now. Both ships will cater heavily to them, so prepare for it to be an immersion experience on either ship.