Dancing on the Caribbean Princess

FoghornLeghorn

Typically most bands will play a cha-cha every so often. Other than that the most played in the Wheelhouse tends to be swing, with "standards" music also often sung/played (foxtrot and or just basic slow dance).

They do teach ballroom basics on sea days which could include cha-cha, waltz, rumba, and occasionally tango.

Thanks for your replies.

I'm sure we'll do the line dancing classes.

We were wondering what was common in Skywalkers or Club Fusion so we could learn the dances before we left.

Last cruise was Blurred Lines, the Wobble and Uptown Funk....just wondered if anyone who had been on the Caribbean Princess lately could tell us what they were playing and doing.

Skywalkers has DJ JT who seems to like heavy techno music. Both Club Fusion and Explorers Lounge have either the party band (Fresh Power) or the Caribbean Princess orchestra and they play the standards. Massina Duo in the Wheelhouse had quite a following from the dancing groups on board too.

I am a dancer. Please learn how to "social" dance and not exhibition ballroom. I have seen too many couples decide that one-fourth of the Wheelhouse dance floor should be dedicated to their elaborate dance steps and "posture". It is a very small floor. Social dancing will teach you the foxtrot, swing, cha cha, rhumba for small spaces.

The band will play most anything (dance not necessarily specific song) that you want.

Enjoy your evening.

I am a dancer. Please learn how to "social" dance and not exhibition ballroom. I have seen too many couples decide that one-fourth of the Wheelhouse dance floor should be dedicated to their elaborate dance steps and "posture". It is a very small floor. Social dancing will teach you the foxtrot, swing, cha cha, rhumba for small spaces.

The band will play most anything (dance not necessarily specific song) that you want.

Enjoy your evening.

I was asking about line dancing in Skywalker s and club fusion I have no desire to learn social dancing, nor exhibition ballroom.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I was asking about line dancing in Skywalker s and club fusion I have no desire to learn social dancing, nor exhibition ballroom.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I apologize for misreading your post.

particular dances we need to learn before we board

I thought you were also interested in other kinds of dancing too.