10:35 Out of Miami Too Early?

neptune18

Sailing Getaway in May. Is a 10:35 flight out of Miami too early?

It would be too early for me. But if Getaway arrives on time, you self disembark, move quickly through customs and no traffic problems, etc. you just might make it!

Good Luck!

Edited by kcwingwalker

If all the planets align, no traffic jams, no customs issues....Yes, it's doable and many have done so. Keep in mind that Miami airport is a zoo on Saturday mornings.

Personally, I go by the rule of no flights before noon. I like to keep the post cruise stress down traveling home.

I like the earlier advice; nothing in the AM. I tried for a 1015AM ish flight or so after getting back to MIA and it wasn't enough time. I agree, noon or later, probably more like 1PM just to be on the safe side. It can work out or it can be a long process with the dis-embarkation, customs etc. No need to add stress to an awesome cruise. And yes weekend mornings in Miami are quite busy. Happy sailing.

Thanks. We easily made an 11:30 out of Port Everglades but I know Miami is different. Currently booked on a 5:00 flight and there's nothing in between 10:30 and 5:00. Guess we'll stick with the 5.

Just so you know I have read on here that there is a few excursions you can take if you have a late flight such as tour of the Everglades and Miami. Perhaps others can chime in who have done those.

If the ship disembarks on time, even doing regular disembarkation it is possible, but it is very tight. MIA is only a 15 minute cab ride, and usually security is pretty quick, but you risk missing a flight if there is any delay at any place in the system, and with planes flying so full it might take a couple of days to get home.