X at Labadee, fully opened?

FreestyleNovice

The weight restriction is clearly listed on the Celebrity website and if you wait until you get on board to sign up, I am sure it is in print form as well.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=ZL26&productId=100000002014055005

Hi SNJcruisers.

I am well aware of the weight and height restrictions listed on the Celebrity website, however, due to strong winds the day we were there, that restriction was repeatedly reduced. It started at 275, went to 250, then to 200 and then to 180. There is a big difference between 275 and 180. If you already purchased this excursion, you wouldn't have known about the drop in the weight restriction until they ask you to step on the scale which could be potentially embarrasing.

Hi SNJcruisers.

I am well aware of the weight and height restrictions listed on the Celebrity website, however, due to strong winds the day we were there, that restriction was repeatedly reduced. It started at 275, went to 250, then to 200 and then to 180. There is a big difference between 275 and 180. If you already purchased this excursion, you wouldn't have known about the drop in the weight restriction until they ask you to step on the scale which could be potentially embarrasing.

The reason for the multiple reductions in the weight limits is purely a safety issue because of the high winds. The only potential embarrassment would be if there was a woman who had signed up to do the zip line that weighed over 180 lbs and she would no longer be allowed to participate.

What would you have liked the people that run the zip line do differently? They are looking out for the safety of all people involved in the activity, and they are not concerned about the ramifications of the possible embarrassment of a potential zip liner.

Wow' date=' thanks for the quick reply.

When you say plenty, would it be safe to say that we won't find it a problem finding a spot?

Not a fan of clamshells. :cool:[/quote']Both times we have been there, there have been many chaise loungers to be had and we had no problem finding shade. We stayed in the Columbus Cove section, which also has very nice sand, which all of the areas do not have.

The reason for the multiple reductions in the weight limits is purely a safety issue because of the high winds. The only potential embarrassment would be if there was a woman who had signed up to do the zip line that weighed over 180 lbs and she would no longer be allowed to participate.

What would you have liked the people that run the zip line do differently? They are looking out for the safety of all people involved in the activity, and they are not concerned about the ramifications of the possible embarrassment of a potential zip liner.

I totally understand WHY the weight restrictions are put in place and I wouldn't want it any other way! My point is simply this. The weight restriction reductions should have been mentioned prior to signing up when we arrived at the port. It had already been reduced to 200 pounds at that time and went down another 20 pounds by the time we arrived for the flight. Where I come from, there are a lot of people (Men and Women) who weigh more than 200 pounds. Knowing in advance would have saved a lot of time and aggrevation and potential embarrassment to anyone who may weigh more than the posted weight restriction.

I totally understand WHY the weight restrictions are put in place and I wouldn't want it any other way! My point is simply this. The weight restriction reductions should have been mentioned prior to signing up when we arrived at the port. It had already been reduced to 200 pounds at that time and went down another 20 pounds by the time we arrived for the flight. Where I come from, there are a lot of people (Men and Women) who weigh more than 200 pounds. Knowing in advance would have saved a lot of time and aggrevation and potential embarrassment to anyone who may weigh more than the posted weight restriction.

How do you expect the people at the zip line to communicate with those selling space that there is a weight restriction reduction when this decision is done on the fly depending upon current weather conditions? It's just not feasible.

Are there umbrellas? :confused:

I had skin cancer 3x's. I need to sit under an umbrella.

Hi Feelin' Nauti',

I don't recall seeing any umbrellas, but I have a vague recollection of the clamshells that somebody mentioned. I'm guessing you would have to rent them.

Like you, I can't sit in the sun and I was able to find lots of shade at Columbus Cove which is the beach farthest away from the ship. Also the least crowded that day. There is transportation available that will take you from the entrance of Labadee to Columbus Cove or you can walk. It's probably a 10 minute walk at the most.

Enjoy :D

We have been there several times.

When there has been more than one ship present, it has been practically impossible to find chaises, let alone find some in shade.

I also think the chaises are in pretty bad condition ...

But overall we enjoy Labadee very much ... and plan to try the zipline next time!