Regal Deluxe Balcony Categories DW & DZ?

tenmile

We are planning to book a cruise on the Regal Princess and would like to know how obstructed the views are in Deluxe Balcony catergories DW and DZ. Has anyone stayed in these category balconies? Any information or pictures are appreciated.

We were in catagory DZ, I think. Lido 102 and Lido 103. There is a solid railing that blocks some of your view. If you stand at the railing you have a panoramic view of sky and ocean/port and you also see the top of the bridge and there is also rigging but not really obstructive, just cable/wires coming from the deck above and a piece of equipment that was kept covered the entire time I was on board. You will see less ocean sitting down or within the cabin, but IMHO the view was still wonderful. I was on Lido and could look down onto a portion of the Marina Deck balconies. I think the bridge might obstruct the Marina Deck balconies a tad more but I believe they would still have a nice view. There are some pictures posted somewhere on here of those cabins, do a search. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post.

Edited by yoyosma

We were in two of the DZs in Royal (same layout as Regal). One was e-103 & the other e-108. The only "obstruction" is the metal railing. This we do not mind, because if we want to look out we stand up. In this bow area there is a difference in size of the balconies...lower numbers are smaller, #110 & 109 the largest.

We were in E322 which I think is a DW (we booked minimum balcony guarantee and were assigned this nice cabin) and the obstruction was a lifeboat below it, not bad at all.

My advice is if you book a cabin on Emerald Deck, suggest you may be happier to have it near the forward stairs/elevator or rear stairs or elevator, as you will definitely miss the center staircase if yiur cabin is mid ship. We loved our location as we could just easily pop down three flights to get coffee at the International cafe in the morning, or after a show lets out just walk up a flight or two. We try to use the stairs whenever possible.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thank you for the information SunsetBeachGal. I see you have a pic of the library at Ephesus by your name. It is a wonderful place to visit, isn't it?

Yes, I took that photo at Eohesus when we were there two years ago. We just love it, the whole place is so amazing! Have been there several times and it never fails to move me!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We were in two of the DZs in Royal (same layout as Regal). One was e-103 & the other e-108. The only "obstruction" is the metal railing. This we do not mind, because if we want to look out we stand up. In this bow area there is a difference in size of the balconies...lower numbers are smaller, #110 & 109 the largest.
We were in E109 on the Regal. The balcony was angled slightly but averaged 11' deep. The first 4' was coved by the balcony above. We some times like to have our balcony door open at night (please no flaming about this transgression). Because the back balcony partition stuck out 2' more than the front partition, when we were underway wind hit the back partition and created quite a howling noise. We kept our balcony door closed at night on our cruise.

We are planning to book a cruise on the Regal Princess and would like to know how obstructed the views are in Deluxe Balcony catergories DW and DZ. Has anyone stayed in these category balconies? Any information or pictures are appreciated.

I was in E110 in January. No obstruction but rather there is the concrete on the bottom half of the balcony instead of the glass.