Honolulu

casperbks

Weare going to be in Honolulu on the Carnival Miracle and we have Luau booked for 3:30pm .. we get into port at 9am until 11pm.. So my questions is there anything to do close to the port that we can do before our 3:30 pick up ???

Thank you for any information that you can give me...:confused: or should I say OAHUm:rolleyes:

Weare going to be in Honolulu on the Carnival Miracle and we have Luau booked for 3:30pm .. we get into port at 9am until 11pm.. So my questions is there anything to do close to the port that we can do before our 3:30 pick up ???

Thank you for any information that you can give me...:confused: or should I say OAHUm:rolleyes:

I think you'll be docking at the Aloha tower area. Its quite far from the Waikiki area though. There is a bus that goes by there and it would not take too long to get down to the beach and shopping area. Why not try the Hop On Hop Off (HOHO) bus? It will give you a tour of the area and drop you off back where you started and all for a reasonable fare. You might want to rent a car there and drive around yourself. You have a long time to be in that one area before your tour starts. Just some thoughts! Akoha and enjoy your Hawaiian trip

Cheers, Kenn

PS we've been there about 6 times so we know our way around Honolulu

I LOVE the Iolani Palace. Not only is it beautiful, but it gives you an incredible look into the history of the Hawaiian Islands. I love taking friends there on their first visit to Hawaii and seeing their appreciation, surprise, and pleasure at getting a glimpse into Hawaii's past. You can make reservations. Cherie

I LOVE the Iolani Palace. Not only is it beautiful, but it gives you an incredible look into the history of the Hawaiian Islands. I love taking friends there on their first visit to Hawaii and seeing their appreciation, surprise, and pleasure at getting a glimpse into Hawaii's past. You can make reservations. Cherie

And from any of the piers by Aloha Tower you can walk to Iolani palace. About 4 blocks then if it's a weekday walk back along fort street or do a yelp search for lunch. There are a ton of interesting places to eat downtown.

Luau should be fun, enjoy!

Aloha,

Will

• 2 weeks later...

Very easy to do a self guided walking tour of some of the sites...see the below links for maps...the second link is a "Top Ten" for Historic Honolulu...after our trip to Pearl Harbor first thing in the morning we spent 3 or 4 hours just walking around downtown exploring the site...really enjoyed the King Lunalilo Mausoleum...plus a great way to work up an appetite for the luau ;):)

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/oahu/honolulu/#map

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/oahusights/ss/honolulu_walk_a.htm#step-heading

Whatever you decide...ENJOY !