Help Us Fill In The Rest of Our Day Please.

RCmommy

Hi,

We are getting off our ship and taking a taxi or bus to the turtle farm. I figure we will spend around 2.5- 3 hours there. (we are not doing the lagoon swim or the pool/waterslide) Doing the dolphin swim at Chankanaab the day before GC, so after the turtles what would you suggest we do?

We are traveling with two 11 yr olds. Once leaving the turtle farm we will need to rely on a taxi or the bus.

We would like to see 7 mile beach but don't necessarily want to go and sit there. Is there some shops we could walk around? Should we head back to the area around the ports? Also, please tell me where we can get wifi to touch base with home in either of those places.

I don't know the travel distance between all the above and I figure we have around two-ish hours to kill. We are in port 10-6 and plan on being at the turtle farm for 10.

With all that being said, and paying the taxi or bus (for four people) are we better off renting a car?

This is a tender port,.... you'll need to be IN the tender line 30 mins/ before the ship leaves to catch the last tender.

Shopping is right across from the tender dock. Easily walkable. 7 Mile beach runs all along the coast near where your tender is...you could stop on your way back from the turtle farm and look at it...but you will have already seen water/sand, etc...!

The bus is the best option. Cabs are more expensive, and a car rental will eat up about 1 1/2 hours of your day...with the paperwork. Hop on the bus! $2.50 pp! They run VERY regularly....just walk to the side of the road...they stop!

You know...you don't have to spend every second off the ship!!! If you finish with the turtle meat place early, you can shop a bit before heading to the tenders!

Edited by cb at sea

Also, please tell me where we can get wifi to touch base with home in either of those places. ?

Once on the ship, crew members (especially bartenders/bar servers)are a good source of info for this sort of thing. They always seem to know the "hot spots" in ports. ;)

LuLu

Okay, the bus it is then!

I understand the library has free wifi and I believe we have to walk near there to catch the bus?

Can someone direct us once getting off the tender which direction we should walk to find the bus/library please?

The library is on Edward Street, which is inland about one long (or two short) blocks from the waterfront. It runs, more or less, parallel to the waterfront.

There are three different spots where the tender may drop you off in town. Depending upon which tender pier is used, the directions vary slightly.

If arriving at the Royal Watler Terminal, go inland on Fort Street. You will come to the clock tower in front of the Legislative Assembly building. Bear right onto Edward Street. The library is immediately on your left. The bus depot is on the right side of the library as you are looking at the building.

If arriving at the North or South Terminals, go inland on Cardinall Avenue or Shedden Road. If on Cardinall Avenu, turn left onto Edward Street just past the Scotia Bank. If on Shedden Road, turn left onto Edward Street just past the Royal Banks of Canada. The library will be on your right, shortly past the intersection of Dr Roys Drive. The bus depot should be obvious.

The library is on Edward Street, which is inland about one long (or two short) blocks from the waterfront. It runs, more or less, parallel to the waterfront.

There are three different spots where the tender may drop you off in town. Depending upon which tender pier is used, the directions vary slightly.

If arriving at the Royal Watler Terminal, go inland on Fort Street. You will come to the clock tower in front of the Legislative Assembly building. Bear right onto Edward Street. The library is immediately on your left. The bus depot is on the right side of the library as you are looking at the building.

If arriving at the North or South Terminals, go inland on Cardinall Avenue or Shedden Road. If on Cardinall Avenu, turn left onto Edward Street just past the Scotia Bank. If on Shedden Road, turn left onto Edward Street just past the Royal Banks of Canada. The library will be on your right, shortly past the intersection of Dr Roys Drive. The bus depot should be obvious.

I see on the website we are listed as the "Royal" terminal so this is awesome, thank you.