Search not working: Soda Package question

Bossladyn

ouch! $70 for a week per person for soda?? How much soda can we bring on board? Seems like a lot of trouble, but lots cheaper! Does anyone know how much purchasing one soda at dinner costs? maybe thats the way to go.

It's about $7 per day, it's not $70 per week.

It works about to about 3 glasses of soda per day ($2.25 each glass)

[quote name=Vacationdreamer

That's if you prepay it before getting on ship before the tips and taxes. When you buy it on board' date=' you need to account for the taxes for buying it at port you brought it from - something the cruise line(s) will not tell you, plus the tips.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk[/quote]

OK so it sounds like if i buy it on board its the same price as pre-purchase, except for perhaps applicable taxes from Houston.

Thanks again for all the info! :-)

Hmmm - so you DON'T save the taxes and tips if you prepay? It was tax free on PCI if we prepurchased... Just clarifying...

Hmmm - so you DON'T save the taxes and tips if you prepay? It was tax free on PCI if we prepurchased... Just clarifying...

You will pay gratuities always on top of the daily price, however no taxes if prepurchased.

Does anyone know if Shirley Temples, or PINKS as my grandson called them, would be included with the kids soda package? My little guy LOVED those on his last cruise (Carnival...where it WAS included)???

Thanks,

They are included in the soda package on the Norwegian Gem as of the Feb 27 to Mar 8, 2015 sailing. My friends were served them in at least 4 different bars (Bali Hai, Spinnaker, Java Café and O'Sheehan's) on the Gem as part of their soda packages.

Thanks for the replies on the Shirley Temple's. I guess we will just have to cross our fingers. :p

No, don't just cross your fingers, put a check mark beside each ingredient:

Shirley Temple:

ginger ale

a splash of grenadine

garnished with a maraschino cherry

Modern Shirley Temple substitute lemon-lime soda, lemonade or sometimes orange juice in part, or in whole

If they say they are not included just ask for the ingredients separately. :D