Princess Cays...why?

RyanMFitz1

[quote name='caribill']Princess Cays has a number of places where the lounges can be in full or partial shade from trees.[/QUOTE]

Happy to hear that there are shady spots. We are going to visit Princess Cay's for the first time in October and were mulling over reserving the clam shells. But as long as there are shaded areas for loungers, we won't bother.

We were supposed to stop at Princess Cays on a past cruise but heavy winds and rough seas prevented us from tendering in and it turned into an extra sea day for everyone. Hope we make it this time - we're probably the only Elite members who haven't been there.

[quote name='AKman2495']I can respect that...as for me a tender ride is no big deal...and growing up on Long Island in new York, I have seen crowded beach days...You could empty the ship and it would not be crowded compared to Jones Beach on a sunny summer day.;)[/QUOTE]

Touche :D

[quote name='AKman2495']I can respect that...as for me a tender ride is no big deal...and growing up on Long Island in new York, I have seen crowded beach days...You could empty the ship and it would not be crowded compared to Jones Beach on a sunny summer day.;)[/quote]
The private town beaches are not as crowded as field 6 at Jones beach which is usually filled by 10:am on a weekend. No self respecting Nassau or Suffork resident goes to Jones beach unless it's at night to walk the board walk.;) Edited by Iamcruzin

[quote name='azbirdmom']Happy to hear that there are shady spots. We are going to visit Princess Cay's for the first time in October and were mulling over reserving the clam shells. But as long as there are shaded areas for loungers, we won't bother.

We were supposed to stop at Princess Cays on a past cruise but heavy winds and rough seas prevented us from tendering in and it turned into an extra sea day for everyone. Hope we make it this time - we're probably the only Elite members who haven't been there.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]We never rent clam shells at Princess Cays. It's not hard finding places with loungers in shade or to pull them into the shade.
We like going to the Banana Beach bar area. :)
LuLu [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Iamcruzin']The private town beaches are not as crowded as field 6 at Jones beach which is usually filled by 10:am on a weekend. No self respecting Nassau or Suffork resident goes to Jones beach unless it's at night to walk the board walk.;)[/QUOTE]

WOW, I know quite a few Nassau and Suffolk residents who apparently have no self respect. I'll be sure to fill them in. ;)

[quote name='Iamcruzin']The private town beaches are not as crowded as field 6 at Jones beach which is usually filled by 10:am on a weekend. No self respecting Nassau or Suffork resident goes to Jones beach unless it's at night to walk the board walk.;)[/QUOTE]

Of course, its probably been over 50 years since I've been to Jones Beach...We also used to go to the beach at Far Rockaway. I understand that beach is gone now.

[quote name='AKman2495']I can respect that...as for me a tender ride is no big deal...and growing up on Long Island in new York, I have seen crowded beach days...You could empty the ship and it would not be crowded compared to Jones Beach on a sunny summer day.;)[/QUOTE]

So true....

:)

[quote name='AKman2495']Of course, its probably been over 50 years since I've been to Jones Beach...We also used to go to the beach at Far Rockaway. I understand that beach is gone now.[/QUOTE]

Jones Beach is gorgeous! Yes, crowded though. Our option is Tobay...quieter alternative.

My favorite thing about a stop at Princess Cay? I stay on the ship, get a great lounger by the pool for MUTS, quick service as I sunbath/read/watch movies, no line at the Trident Grill, IC or the buffet! It is one of my favorite days!

The first 2 cruises there I went ashore, now I stay on board and love it:D

We really enjoyed Princess Cays! I've never been to the other private islands so can't really compare, but we loved it. The beach was rocky but lucky I hired an aqua chair to float around in :D
Loved the bbq also.. It was a nice relaxing little stop before finishing up :(