What is the nicest thing a RCI crew member has ever done for you?

In the middle of the night he rushed directly to our room at the very aft of the ship (a room directly above an ongoing fire) to make sure we got up and out. I know it's "part of their job", but no one gets paid enough to put themselves at risk like that.

On The Oasis every day there was a wonderful girl named Cici , and I would stop just to sayhi , one day when we got back from being of the ship she asked what we did and I told her that hubby had bought me a beautiful ring for our 40th wedding anniversary , she wanted to send us something but I said no it was not nesscary , and I did not tell her my room . Well when we got back to cabin later there was strawberries in chocolate and wine with a note I found you !Above and beyond !

John Travolta tried finding out a few years ago in the spa on the Enchantment during his massage appointment ! ;):p:eek:

( ... allegedlyyy !)

Edited by F27TW

Our room stewardess, Ingrid from Trinidad (as my husband is), gave us a bottle of champagne on our honeymoon while on the Liberty of the Seas in 2007. In 2011, I was on the Liberty again, this time with my mom. I asked about Ingrid, was sent to her area, and she remembered me and sent me ANOTHER bottle of champagne!!! So sweet!!

This was on my last cruise on Explorer last May to Bermuda. Our waiter that week was so awesome. Of course, like a lot of them, he got to know my likes and dislikes as to food. He knew how much I was looking forward to lobster night in the MDR.

Well, as it happened, that day I got a bad sunburn while walking around town. I got back to the room, showered, and proceeded to fall asleep and slept right through dinner. My daughter and her fiancé came in around 9:00 to see how I was feeling.

She said our waiter asked where I was. He was so sorry I was not well. She came in carrying 2 plates of lobster dinner he had given her, telling her I would be hungry and he didn't want me to miss out on the lobster!!! Above and beyond on his part.

On the explorer my daughter got a migraine headache. The ship was docked in St. Thomas so her husband,myself and my husband took Her 1 year old daughter for a walk around town so she could try and sleep it off. When we left we told our room girl Rica not to do her room and told her why. When wecame back later in the day She looked a lot better said Rica had brought her some chicken soup and latter a cup of tea. Now that is going above and beyond!!!

Edited by BORN A BOWLER

Two things. On the Serenade of the Seas, the cabin steward searched high and low to find a shower cap for me. On the same cruise, I had a sore throat. The waiter suggested I have a cup of tea, which he brought. Then he disappeared. When he came back, he gave me several packets of honey. When he saw me during the cruise, he would stop and ask me how I was feeling.

It's been a couple years now, we were on the Vision Of The Seas. However, the hair dryer quit in our stateroom and we told our attendant. She replaced it with one of the new styles where you have to keep the button pressed to make it work. My DW is small with thick hair so it was difficult to hold the button that long to dry her hair without her hand cramping. We asked our attendant if we could get one with the simple on/off switch. She said she would check. When we saw her later that evening, she said that the older styles with the simple on/off switches were no longer available, therefore she gave us her own personal hair dryer to use for the rest of the cruise. (It was purple and white, not your generic hotel/stateroom dryer.) WoW and additional tip at the end of the cruise.

While on Adventure in 2011 we had a great assistant waiter from Jamaica who went by the name of White. He was fantastic and really took great care of us. He was someone we genuinely seemed to connect with. Perhaps it was because he said our kids reminded him of his own back home (same ages).

He did so many little things to take great care of us I won't name them all. However, I'll give two examples. One day while in Aruba we were walking around town when suddenly our son got scooped up from behind totally out of the blue. It was White coming over to say hello and to joke around with us. We never saw him coming and he could have easily ignored us - we would have never been the wiser. However, he decided to spend some of his very limited time off talking with us on shore. We were flattered and impressed. On the last night of the cruise, he gave our kids souviniers he had purchased from the ships gift shop. We've never had better service from anyone.

47817646-43d7-40ef-83ad-50b2ca637d25.jpg

Edited by 71Corvette

I was taking a cruise from Vancouver to Sydney with my friends from Australia( a family of 6). I had met our Head Waiter on the day of boarding to make sure we had a round table as I had requested and he advised me he would be able to provide an oval table that should suit our needs. I looked at it and was a little concerned but agreed with the table.

That night he was extremly attentive as he turned out to be our Head Waiter. He brought the 2 teenage boys cookies to bring back to their cabin and observed that several of us ordered whipped cream for our desserts. The following nights their were cookies for the boys and a bowl of whipped cream for all the people with a sweet tooth. This lasted for the 4 weeks we were on the ship. He even arranged for us to have the same table for the second leg of our journey.

Yes he made our cruise wonderful and we thanked him accordingly

It was on my Navigator cruise the week of April18th, 2014, I don't remember the day, but it was the 2nd or 3rd sea day and I decided to have lunch in the Dining Room for the Tutti Salad Bar. I was balancing 2 plates and all of a sudden a hand reached out and gently took one of the plates out of my hand. Turns out it was my waiter from the formal dining room (I'm ashamed to say that unfortunately I don't remember his name). Iwas so impressed that not only did he remember me, but that he took the initiative to come to my aid.

I have one land and one sea. First our long time vacation planner Dinesh, who sadly is leaving RCI, answered so many questions for me prior to our first cruse we became friends. When we arrived at our cabin there was a bottle of wine and a card that said "relax, you're on vacation now". And there has been a bottle of wine with the same note on every cruise since. On FOS, Tyrone Payne, our waiter brought us appitizers and a steak from Chops one evening when he overheard me talking about wanting to eat there but not wanting my kids to dine alone. He truly made my trip.

Seven years ago during a b2b I became quite ill. It was not Noro or anything the cruise was responsible for. We disembarked on turn around day and went to the emergency room. The er doc said I had to be admitted. Beside being terrified our friends were meeting us on the ship for their first cruise.

The ships doctor notified corporate and someone called to check on me every day. I was in surgery in Fort Lauderdale while RCI sent someone over to visit me. When we returned home we received a free next cruise in the mail. I don't think this would happen in 2015 with all the changes, but it was fabulous and amazing customer service.

Last August on the Majesty I had that salad with Roti bread underneath. The head waiter from India passed by and saw me "fighting" with the hard roti bread. We talked about Indian food and he promised to get us a nice Indian chicken curry the next night. So he did! It was really excellent!

steamboats

On our last cruise one night there wasn't anything on the dessert menu that appealed to me so I asked the waiter if I could get a pecan ball. I explained to him what it was- scope of vanilla ice cream with pecans and chocolate syrup. He said he would check. When he served the desserts I got what I had asked for except for walnuts instead of pecans but with a side bowl of extra walnuts. The next night I asked if I could get the same thing and he said yes the "Don" special. The following night I and another tablemate both ordered it and he said 2 "Don specials" only to be outdone the following night by everyone at the table requesting the "Don" special.

What a great thread. I don't know if this counts as doing something nice, but looking back it made me feel good. When cruising on Indy last January, the trivia coordinator was, I believe, a Ukranian..maybe, named Oxsana. She couldn't pronounce a lot of the words and many people in the competitive trivia games became upset with her because some of her mispronunciations changed the meaning of the questions. I could see that it was upsetting her and then finally I had enough and spoke up loud enough for everyone to hear and said "It's just a game, people. Give her a break. You try speaking in a foreign language in front of a bunch of people and see how you do". Anyway, they stopped hassling her pronunciation. Later that night at the production show, she was one of the greeters at the door. She saw me coming and gave me a big hug. I don't know if she was hugging everyone she saw, but I'd like to believe she appreciated a random person who was more about being considerate than winning a trivia contest.

We were on the Allure when the Boston Marathon bombing occurred. My brother was running the marathon, and I have close friends who attend the Red Sox game that day every year. I threw on clothes and ran down to the CL, and the concierge looked at me and said "we're taking care of you". They already had a list of the Ma. residents on the ship, and were ready to assist us in any way. I gave him the phone #'s of my parents and my friends, and within minutes he had connected me to them. I was crying as I talked on the phone and found out my family and friends were shaken, but okay.

The concierge was extremely compassionate and supportive throughout, and from what I was told, the other passengers who needed to get in touch with loved ones who may have been affected by the bombing were treated the same way.

Edited by Kteacher

On our first RC cruise, on the Explorer, we ate in Portofino. I had the dessert sampler. The next night in the main dining room I asked if it was available. The head waiter came over and explained it was a specialty of Portofino and suggested another dessert. When we got back to our room that night, on the bed there was a tray with the sampler from Portofino with a note from the head waiter. It was very kind and very appreciated!!!

This is an interesting thread ! I posted an experience earlier, and came back to read all the additional post essentially raving about RCI staff. When you look thru the many threads on cruise critic, a lot of it seems like trivial griping about food, drinks, service, etc. Yet reading this post, it reminded my that some of the best memories I have had from cursing with RCI and Celebrity comes down to my interaction with the wonderful staff on these ships. Though there are many special moments that stand out, its also the consistency in service quality that I have come to expect and appreciate so much. The crew on these ships work incredible hours for long contract periods. Many are away from family, children, and friends in their home countries. Yet each day they put that aside and with a smile on their face, cater if a wide variety of guest demands and personalities.

It makes me humble and somewhat ashamed at how many of us act at times on these ships. We should take a lesson from the staff and try to make their day a little happier by treating them with the same respect and good nature that they provide us day after day. We are all so very fortunate to be able to enjoy this lifestyle !

Put that smile on before closing the cabin door :D

I've had so many times that its hard to narrow it down.

One favorite is in 2009 I accidentally left some postcards in the room when we left the ship. The stateroom attendant remembered we would be back on the ship in a few weeks so he put the postcards in his cabin until he saw us again.

Other times we've had people we know on board (we sail the same ship frequently) tell others that we know that we're onboard so they come looking for us to say hi and give us a hug.

Another time my mom mentioned to the windjammer manager how much she liked the strawberry bisque soup that evening. He put some in two bowls and brought the soup to us the next night for supper.

Last one I mentioned. One cruise the first person we saw as we got on the ship was Darryl Dyball, the actives manager. He had to go down to deck 1 for something and saw us coming so he waiting to be able to say hi. Also knowing how much we enjoy the Evergreen Trio he mentioned that they were joining the ship on the 2nd cruise of our b2b.