When Have Online Restaurant Reservations Opened for You?

I wish they'd stop e-mailing me their special discount dining offers, which encourage me to make Specialty Dining reservations now - when they are not even open!

I have called twice, first time was told 90 days, then 75. I was also informed that they roll out according to Loyalty Status level.

On Radiance June 19th, no dining reservations yet. Should I care? How often are they booked up?

I also found out that if I pre-book children, you pay the full price then get an on board credit for the price difference. Only on a cruise would they make it this complicated...

Edited by ckelly14

41 days...... called my TA who arranged a conference call with RCL..... they said will be loaded onto system by the end of the week..... not holding my breath.

Neither will I. Kind of falls in the category of what the RCI Customer Service told me a few weeks back..."it will open up ANY DAY NOW."

Sailing in 25 days on Splendour, restaurant reservations still not open and our cruise documents have still not been issued!

:eek: Wow.. I thought it was bad enough that we couldn't make our dining reservations but we DO have our cruise documents.. Think I'd give RCI a call if I were you.. but then again, maybe you already have.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some of us who sail shortly can't make our reservations while others who are scheduled to depart in the weeks/months after us can, and have made their reservations. :confused:

:eek: Wow.. I thought it was bad enough that we couldn't make our dining reservations but we DO have our cruise documents.. Think I'd give RCI a call if I were you.. but then again, maybe you already have.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some of us who sail shortly can't make our reservations while others who are scheduled to depart in the weeks/months after us can, and have made their reservations. :confused:

I called C and A and was told there was an IT problem and they would ask for them to be reissued but it may take up to 2 weeks. If I still have nothing by the weekend I'm going to call again.

GREAT GOOGLY-WOOGLY...HOLY SMOKES!!!

Finally, the Giovanni's reservations are open for my May 16th sailing and I got the date/time that I wanted. Whew, one more thing off my to-do list! :eek:

:) Happy for you! I thought I'd check mine in the hope that I'd be able to reserve too for my May 4th sailing but still tells me "Sorry we cannot reserve this right now". :mad:

:) Happy for you! I thought I'd check mine in the hope that I'd be able to reserve too for my May 4th sailing but still tells me "Sorry we cannot reserve this right now". :mad:

Someone previously posted that they believe each ship opens up their scheduling on their own terms. Guess there's no way to predict when a particular ship will make their reservations available. I'll be on the Adventure.

I'm on Indy July 19 sailing and it just opened today (yes, I've been checking everyday like a crazy person). What's so crazy is that I thought MTD was from 5:30-9, but the earliest I could book was 6:00, and there was never a 7ish time available. Kind of annoying. There's no way they all booked up that quickly. I checked 24 hours ago. But I'm fine with it.

I'm on Indy July 19 sailing and it just opened today (yes, I've been checking everyday like a crazy person). What's so crazy is that I thought MTD was from 5:30-9, but the earliest I could book was 6:00, and there was never a 7ish time available. Kind of annoying. There's no way they all booked up that quickly. I checked 24 hours ago. But I'm fine with it.

An earlier post in this thread may have the answer:

I was also informed that they roll out according to Loyalty Status level.

It may be that the prime times were booked by higher level loyalty guests before you ever got the chance. Unless you are a high level loyalty status person. Then I have no explanation.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Following two phone call and an e-mail (some time ago), I tried another e-mail to customer service.

The reply basically says the "norm" is 90 days (posts here certainly don't support that), but they've been experiencing technical issures with dining reservations. I was encouraged to call the planning department for more information. I will do so within the next couple of days (although I don't expect to accomplish anything.)

Edited by sippican