Just got a call from Connie's Concierge

sammyreddog

Leaving in a couple of weeks for Connie and booked a Sky Suite. Concierge just reached out because we had opted for Select Dining and part of the the main dining room is under construction due to the pending addition of Luminae. Anyway, she did not want us to be inconvenienced by potential wait times, so she offered to allow us to eat, no charge, in the specialty restaurants all week....sorry for the inconvenience...LOL! Sweet!!!! She gave us the dining times we wanted,d refunded what I had already paid for TG, and was so nice! DH is excited.....

Leaving in a couple of weeks for Connie and booked a Sky Suite. Concierge just reached out because we had opted for Select Dining and part of the the main dining room is under construction due to the pending addition of Luminae. Anyway, she did not want us to be inconvenienced by potential wait times, so she offered to allow us to eat, no charge, in the specialty restaurants all week....sorry for the inconvenience...LOL! Sweet!!!! She gave us the dining times we wanted,d refunded what I had already paid for TG, and was so nice! DH is excited.....

Happy to hear about your perk!

Curious....When the Concierge calls, what number comes up on the caller ID?

They have been doing this fleet wide for Suite passengers and Zenith level while renovations are taking place. Enjoy!

That is great. I love to read/hear about companies like Celebrity stepping up and being proactive and doing some neat things to WOW their customers/guests!

Thanks Celebrity!

We also received the call. Caller ID showed "Unidentified 1-800" number. I almost didn't pick up! But what a lovely surprise to learn that we were being offered Specialty Dining for every night.

We don't normally do a suite, but as luck would have it ... timing is everything!

We're looking forward to our surprise bonus!

Shawn

The Equinox has been ready for a week or more. :)

AC StewWe also received the call. Caller ID showed "Unidentified 1-800" number. I almost didn't pick up! But what a lovely surprise to learn that we were being offered Specialty Dining for every night.

Thank you. I don't answer the phone if there is no caller ID name. I eould hope Celebrity would leave a message.;)

Wow, that's the kind of inconvenience we all like, right?

Enjoy your cruise! We won't be sailing Celebrity again until November, and I imagine by that time we'll know all about Luminae that we'll be enjoying.

I guess we'll still be getting a couple free specialty restaurant meals as they always do for suites -- but will we want to use them? I mean, if Luminae is as good as it's being advertised - wonder what people will be doing.

They were doing that on the cruise I just sailed on Connie. It is a nice idea, but in all honestly I think it is more a matter of practicality than of necessarily trying to provide an extra perk. Considerable space is lost during the construction, and most ships sail full. So practically speaking there is no way they could comfortably accommodate everyone by not doing that. Blu is generally crowded enough because of the addition of suite folks. Adding even more due to the construction would make it really bad. As it turned out, on our five day cruise we only experienced real crowds one day (we got a beeper). The other days it was well-used but not jammed.

But for whatever reason, it is a nice perk for the suite customers in the meantime. I was very glad they were doing that even though I was in AQ because it made our Blu experience comfortable.

We just got back from the March 7 sailing of Constellation (the spring break cruise - ugh) - and we also got the "upgrade" to the specialty restaurants. It was awesome - and thank God because otherwise we would have been at the late seating in the dining room with all the crazy kids! I enjoyed both restaurants - may have to give the nod to Ocean Liners - the room is lovely and the staff was excellent. Sommeliers in both the Tuscan and Ocean Liners were excellent. Also, double check your reservations as we thought we had reservations for all 5 nights but when we arrived at Tuscan the first night, we had no reservations at all. Not sure what happened there...

We just got back from the March 7 sailing of Constellation (the spring break cruise - ugh) - and we also got the "upgrade" to the specialty restaurants. It was awesome - and thank God because otherwise we would have been at the late seating in the dining room with all the crazy kids! I enjoyed both restaurants - may have to give the nod to Ocean Liners - the room is lovely and the staff was excellent. Sommeliers in both the Tuscan and Ocean Liners were excellent. Also, double check your reservations as we thought we had reservations for all 5 nights but when we arrived at Tuscan the first night, we had no reservations at all. Not sure what happened there...

Spring Break cruise????????? You must have been on a 7 day cruise. Next time do your homework.

Spring Break cruise????????? You must have been on a 7 day cruise. Next time do your homework.

Not sure what you mean by that General Max - I referred to it as the "spring break cruise" because there are a number of posts regarding the 5 day Constellation cruise March 7 through March 12. In any case I was responding to the post about the specialty restaurants. No need to be snippy.