Wifi in roatan and Belize?

texasnana

The duty free store you have to walk through in Roatan had free wifi with a $20 purchase. The wifi was really fast and there were quite a few people taking advantage of the deal. No time limit either.

Wish we had known that! We asked several people working at the dock area and they had us walk past the gates and turn right to an "internet cafe". The computers were all in Spanish. My ISP picked up someone accessing my email accounts in Hondoras and shut down by email accounts.

It was a mess.

The only place we saw in port was a stand where for $5 you could use the guy's wifi.

The duty free store you have to walk through in Roatan had free wifi with a $20 purchase. The wifi was really fast and there were quite a few people taking advantage of the deal. No time limit either.

So not really free, you had to pay $20 for it, which unless you were buying something anyway was certainly not worth the cost.

Well yes, but I was buying stuff there anyway (they had better alcohol prices than the ship), so I considered it free since it came with the purchase I was already making. I didn't even see the sign about it until I was paying. For me it was a great add on, but isn't the best price for wifi if you weren't already inclined to buy something there.

• 5 weeks later...