Sun Princess shelter from Cyclone Pam in Auckland today - 15th March 2015

Sun Princess in Auckland today and she is going to spend the night here to shelter from Cyclone Pam!

auckland_webcam_15032015.jpg

auckland_webcam_1503201502.jpg

image1503201502.jpeg

This is what the weather is like in Auckland at 4:06pm NZDT:

image1503201503.jpeg

Sun Princess is not leaving Auckland till 9am Monday morning.

Been watching this ship all the way round.....was wondering when it would pull up....I was thinking there would be no Bay of Island .....hope its not to rough on the way back for them....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

My sister is on the Sun Princess, she sent a message this morning saying that they were to stay overnight in auckland as others have posted.

This would be her 4th or 5th trip to NZ and her 2nd attempt to get to the bay of islands, dont think it is meant to be. As the cruises out of melbourne dont go to bay of islands she decided to go in and out of sydney. A shame but could have been so much worse. At 2pm this arvo she messaged that it was just rain and strong winds and they were advised to stay inside. I guess a lot of the passengers will stay on board rather than try to see Auckland.

She reported they are expected into Sydney on schedule.

My sister is on the Sun Princess, she sent a message this morning saying that they were to stay overnight in auckland as others have posted.

This would be her 4th or 5th trip to NZ and her 2nd attempt to get to the bay of islands, dont think it is meant to be. As the cruises out of melbourne dont go to bay of islands she decided to go in and out of sydney. A shame but could have been so much worse. At 2pm this arvo she messaged that it was just rain and strong winds and they were advised to stay inside. I guess a lot of the passengers will stay on board rather than try to see Auckland.

She reported they are expected into Sydney on schedule.

Thank you

Thanks for the update, looks like you're still getting a bit of rain.

...just the odd shower.

We were very fortunate that Pam past away to the east of us and the projected hurricane winds and heavy rain did not eventuate. Some ares lost power and the seas are running high. Our local , normally calm water beach , is full of surfers this morning making the most of near perfect surfing conditions.:)

...just the odd shower.

We were very fortunate that Pam past away to the east of us and the projected hurricane winds and heavy rain did not eventuate. Some ares lost power and the seas are running high. Our local , normally calm water beach , is full of surfers this morning making the most of near perfect surfing conditions.:)

I know some mad surfers so can imagine, one drops in off a helicopter to get the ones too big to paddle out to, he loves Cyclones around.