Need help right away - contact number for cruise ship

skopgat

I am very pleased to learn of this outcome. May I suggest that your parents attempt to personally see the ship's Master and thank him for delaying sailing?

Some of HAL Captain's, listening to the marine audio out of Port Everglades, are chomping at the bit at getting out "on time".

It is a pleasure to know that this ship has a Master who is still guest-oriented.

I am very pleased to learn of this outcome. May I suggest that your parents attempt to personally see the ship's Master and thank him for delaying sailing?

Some of HAL Captain's, listening to the marine audio out of Port Everglades, are chomping at the bit at getting out "on time".

It is a pleasure to know that this ship has a Master who is still guest-oriented.

I'm not sure that they even know that I called . . . when they arrived at our house they honked the horn and DH ran out and got behind the wheel and drove like crazy to get there. He said they didn't have time to even talk about it. So I guess I'll write a note to someone. Suggestions?

Of course, they want to get out on time, but what a difference it made. It's a long cruise - a month, maybe - and it could have all come down to 30 minutes!

They pulled up dockside at 4:02 p.m. I can see it sailing away now on the webcam! So, an hour and a half late out of port, but I don't think that's just because of my in-laws and their three pieces of luggage. I hope not! :)

Thanks for the info, Skopgat. We are all so happy they are safely aboard and hope they have a wonderful cruise.

If they wish to take a moment to write a note of thanks to the Captain, the Front Office (or Concierge) would be happy to see that it is delivered. :)

I'm not sure that they even know that I called . . . when they arrived at our house they honked the horn and DH ran out and got behind the wheel and drove like crazy to get there. He said they didn't have time to even talk about it. So I guess I'll write a note to someone. Suggestions?

Of course, they want to get out on time, but what a difference it made. It's a long cruise - a month, maybe - and it could have all come down to 30 minutes!

I agree with Sail7Seas. But, I would also suggest that you write a letter to Mr. Orlando Ashford, the President of HAL, with praise for the ship's management that is guest sensitive and friendly. I had issues on my 2 January Noordam cruises that I attribute to less than guest-friendly ship management "policies or procedures" by the Captain, Hotel Director, and Bar Manager. I have so informed Mr. Ashford and am awaiting a response. I think it would be good for him to know what your parents experienced. Why? Because it further shows the inconsistency that exists within Holland America Line's fleet as to what their guests experience.

I just realized your parents are on the cruise we will join in 2 weeks in Lima, Peru (duh!) So this is even more interesting for me, and I'm thrilled to know what a great captain we'll have. :)

Again, so very happy they got on the ship!

Yes! That is the trip. It sounds wonderful.

I agree with Sail7Seas. But, I would also suggest that you write a letter to Mr. Orlando Ashford, the President of HAL, with praise for the ship's management that is guest sensitive and friendly. I had issues on my 2 January Noordam cruises that I attribute to less than guest-friendly ship management "policies or procedures" by the Captain, Hotel Director, and Bar Manager. I have so informed Mr. Ashford and am awaiting a response. I think it would be good for him to know what your parents experienced. Why? Because it further shows the inconsistency that exists within Holland America Line's fleet as to what their guests experience.

Thank you for the name. I'll do that.