Forward Suites on the Royal Princess

ndjoe

Has anyone stayed in the forward suites on the Royal Princess? What is your opinion on them? I hear there is occasional soot on the rear suites, assuming there is none with the forward suites, but they are so much smaller. Would you consider the balcony on the forward suites as sufficient? With the forward location on the ship, is there a tendency to become seasick? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone stayed in the forward suites on the Royal Princess? What is your opinion on them? I hear there is occasional soot on the rear suites, assuming there is none with the forward suites, but they are so much smaller. Would you consider the balcony on the forward suites as sufficient? With the forward location on the ship, is there a tendency to become seasick? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

One issue forward would be wind when underway.

You'll be happy with a Mini Suite on Lido deck with 300sqft and save some money! Ship movement if any is achieved by higher decks. You may feel a bit bow as well as aft. If you insist on a Suite, you might be happier aft on a lower deck! Less movement/less potential soot and more $$$$!:)

We stayed in B102 on the Royal in Feb 2015 for 10 days. It was wonderful. The bedroom is huge and has so much storage. There is a window in the bedroom that faces the front of the ship. The sliding door to the balcony is on the side of the living room. It is long and narrow but we sat out on the balcony every night. Wind has NO impact when sailing because the balcony is on the side of the ship, not the front. We really enjoyed the suite and have booked another one on the Regal in Sept.

Edited by DJVKN

We stayed in B102 on the Royal in Feb 2015 for 10 days. It was wonderful. The bedroom is huge and has so much storage. There is a window in the bedroom that faces the front of the ship. The sliding door to the balcony is on the side of the living room. It is long and narrow but we sat out on the balcony every night. Wind has NO impact when sailing because the balcony is on the side of the ship, not the front. We really enjoyed the suite and have booked another one on the Regal in Sept.

Thank you so much for that information. Did you experience much movement being up front? I noticed on a few photos, that the balcony isn't very large, like those on the aft suites. So you had enough room, I guess a smaller soot free balcony would be best. Yes, the photo I saw of the bedroom, seemed like it was very large. Glad you enjoyed the suite.

We stayed in L108, a mini suite and absolutely loved it! Lots of room, window in the bedroom, great closet space Huge deck which we did use, sometimes even when underway. At full speed, the front deck would not be comfortable but you could still go out on the side and it was't too bad.

We did not feel a lot of movement but that generally doesn't bother us, and, we did have calmer seas.

Thank you so much for that information. Did you experience much movement being up front? I noticed on a few photos, that the balcony isn't very large, like those on the aft suites. So you had enough room, I guess a smaller soot free balcony would be best. Yes, the photo I saw of the bedroom, seemed like it was very large. Glad you enjoyed the suite.

We did not feel any movement but we are not prone to motion sickness either. We also had very calm seas except for one of the first nights when it was very windy. We did not notice the wind impacting or cabin or while on the balcony. It is narrow but we turned the two chairs to face us and put one of the foot stools between our chairs to share. Not a very big balcony but we love sitting on the balcony at night and listening to the sea.

We have a forward suite booked late this year for a 20 day Caribbean cruise on the Royal Princess so we did a Google search and found a very good Your Tube video that shows the slanted wall (no problem) as well as the narrow new balconys on this class ship.

The cabin appears to be a fairly standard Vista Suite and we know we will be pleased we booked it.