My Family Time Dining & Adult Meal for kids

jrapps

I have a question for those who have experience using my family time dining... This is not "my time dining" but the program where they pick your children up for adventure ocean halfway through dinner...do your kids need to eat off the kids menu for the timing to work?

We have signed my 6 year old daughter up for this program and would love for her to be able to go to adventure ocean early, however I am also lucky enough that my daughter has very mature taste for her age and usually orders from the adult menu not the kids menu. She will take shrimp, fish, lobster, and steak over chicken fingers and mac n cheese any day.

Will they be able to get her done early if she orders from the adult menu?

Did this on the Liberty recently, and worked great. Our grandson just ordered an adult entrée, which usually came at the same time as our starter. Sometimes he had time for dessert. We just needed to get him to the MDR entrance 45 min after dining began.

Your child may order from ANY menu....the Family time dining is at the main/early seating....they expedite your childs meal, and take them to the club...leaving parents to finish their meal how they choose!

In theory this is how it should work. When we were on Freedom last year our server wasn't very good at the expediting part. We had to remind him several times that they kids would be leaving early and would he PLEASE get their meal. And yes, the kids can order from any menu.