BOGO 1/2 off Drink Packages on Board Purchase Only

We will be boarding Adventure on Sunday.

Will also check this out to see if they are offering it once onboard. While the full price for two drinks packages didn't seem worth it for a sailing with five ports. If we get one BOGO 1/2 off, we may just consider it, especially with the increase in prices.

We will be boarding Adventure on Sunday.

Will also check this out to see if they are offering it once onboard. While the full price for two drinks packages didn't seem worth it for a sailing with five ports. If we get one BOGO 1/2 off, we may just consider it, especially with the increase in prices.

Please report anything you see about the drink package Bogo. I might need to call C&A and cancel mine!!

You hit the nail on the head and described it perfectly. It was a Grandeur review that said they were offering the BOGO50 sale on board. The reviewer said "Upon entering the ship I found that the two drinking packages I purchased (the ultimate and select) were now buy one and get the second 1/2 off."

I will be boarding the Grandeur on Saturday morning. I originally purchased two Premium Packages. Only booked ahead to make the pain of the cost not show up on the bill while on the ship. So yesterday I cancelled both packages since nothing is lost this way and I will buy as soon as we get on the ship. If there is a special we benefit, if not it really doesn't matter. I will report back here on Saturday as soon as I get the package and report my findings. Might help those on future Grandeur cruises but who knows what it means fleet wide.

Steve

Steve, Please do. I board after you and would like to know. I don't want to go thru the hassle of cancelling and rebooking it. Ill just try to go for OBC or Ill cancel as soon as we board.

Thank you in advance

Edited by Cru1s1ng2009

The current BOGOHO offer is for the premium package only.

I called this morning to see if the BOGOHO drink package applied to my booking. I booked our cabins in August for our upcoming June cruise, but I had a price drop (residency rate) applied on March 11th. When I called, they told me my booking was eligible but that the drink package offer cannot be combined with a residency rate (which I also read in the fine print while I was on hold with the rep). The residency rate saves me far more than the discounted drink package would.

Also, if you call to add the BOGOHO drink package, your cruise price will be adjusted to whatever the price is today. In my situation, the price was still the same as I had gotten on March 11th.

What you've referenced is not the same BOGOHO promo we're talking about.

I've already done that research myself as well. You have to rebook under current pricing to get the "promo", but they raise the rates so it's not really a deal at all.

On another thread recently it was reported that ONCE ON THE SHIP the beverage package was being offered BOGOHO. This is what we're asking about. If that's the case, then it would be better to wait and purchase on the ship. I don't want to lose my current prices and OBC.

Steve, Please do. I board after you and would like to know. I don't want to go thru the hassle of cancelling and rebooking it. Ill just try to go for OBC or Ill cancel as soon as we board.

Thank you in advance

THANK YOU! I don't sail until November. I've considered adding the package now, which I may still do. I could easily wait and see and buy on board. The reason I'm hesitant to wait is that they may decide to raise the package prices beyond the recent gratuity increase. Not a big deal either way - I just figured if I can save a couple hundred dollars, why not! Thanks again and please let us know what you find.

This.

I just got off the phone as well, the promo is not valid if you booked your cruise prior to 3/11/2015.:mad:

Sounds like RCL hasn't pissed off enough of their customers, so they are trying some new ways...

What you've referenced is not the same BOGOHO promo we're talking about.

I've already done that research myself as well. You have to rebook under current pricing to get the "promo", but they raise the rates so it's not really a deal at all.

On another thread recently it was reported that ONCE ON THE SHIP the beverage package was being offered BOGOHO. This is what we're asking about. If that's the case, then it would be better to wait and purchase on the ship. I don't want to lose my current prices and OBC.

This thread clearly discusses both promos, and I understand the distinction.

Edited by KelJ

You hit the nail on the head and described it perfectly. It was a Grandeur review that said they were offering the BOGO50 sale on board. The reviewer said "Upon entering the ship I found that the two drinking packages I purchased (the ultimate and select) were now buy one and get the second 1/2 off."

I will be boarding the Grandeur on Saturday morning. I originally purchased two Premium Packages. Only booked ahead to make the pain of the cost not show up on the bill while on the ship. So yesterday I cancelled both packages since nothing is lost this way and I will buy as soon as we get on the ship. If there is a special we benefit, if not it really doesn't matter. I will report back here on Saturday as soon as I get the package and report my findings. Might help those on future Grandeur cruises but who knows what it means fleet wide.

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you could report back and let us know I would greatly appreciate hearing what you find out!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I found this on a travel agent's website for a 7 night cruise:

50 Percent Off 2nd Guests Beverage Package!

Book an oceanview or higher category stateroom on select Royal Caribbean sailings departing 5/15/15 - 4/30/16, and when the 1st guest in the room pays full price for the Premium Beverage Package, the 2nd guest is eligible for a 50 percent savings off the Beverage Package. The Premium Beverage Package for 2 is a $57 per guest per day value. Premium Beverage Package applies up to first 2 guests in a stateroom. Terms of Royal Caribbeans alcohol policy apply. Offer not combinable with other offers and prices displaying online may not be valid for this offer additional restrictions may apply. Please call to book. Hurry - offer ends 11:59 pm EST on April 30th!

The original question (I think) is whether or not it's true that once on the ship a drink package can be purchased BOGO half off. [/b].

Yes, that's what I was trying to find out. I purchased the premium package and am boarding the Allure on the 29th. I'm contemplating canceling and booking on board but I don't want to go through the hassle. Plus I've heard that Royal takes forever to refund your money.

I just heard from someone currently on the Grandeur that there is NO BOGO50 on this sailing. The current sailing is an 8 day and the previous reviewer that posted was on a 10 day. So is that the difference? Who knows? I am on the 10 day on Saturday and will report as soon as I board and buy the package.

Steve

I just heard from someone currently on the Grandeur that there is NO BOGO50 on this sailing. The current sailing is an 8 day and the previous reviewer that posted was on a 10 day. So is that the difference? Who knows? I am on the 10 day on Saturday and will report as soon as I board and buy the package.

Steve

:cool: Well... maybe the cruise length had something to do with it. BOGOHO when purchased on the ship sounded a little too good to be true, but I sure was hoping! I think I'll go ahead and buy mine now before they raise the prices of the packages.

My wife called and tried to get BOGO50 drinks for us (We sail on the 28th) and they said it wasn't available.

Once we get on the ship, we will check and see if we can get it there... If not, I'm ok paying full price but BOGO50 would be nice.

Okay - I need help making a decision. I am being wishy-washy here! :o We already bought our drink packages, with the cruise in about a month. :D

So, do I cancel the packages on the off chance that there is a BOGO on the ship? If there is, great. If there isn't, that is fine, we will get the packages either way. Will we pay more or less if we buy now versus buying on the ship?

Are the taxes and fees the same either way? :confused:

Okay - I need help making a decision. I am being wishy-washy here! :o We already bought our drink packages, with the cruise in about a month. :D

So, do I cancel the packages on the off chance that there is a BOGO on the ship? If there is, great. If there isn't, that is fine, we will get the packages either way. Will we pay more or less if we buy now versus buying on the ship?

Are the taxes and fees the same either way? :confused:

A few posts back it was reported that the BOGO50 for drink packages purchased ON THE SHIP is not happening currently - at least not on the ship the individual was cruising on currently.

All things equal (meaning IF they're not, in fact offering any promo on the ship), there is no price difference if you purchase on the ship or in advance. Gratuities, etc.. all the same whether purchased in advance or on the ship.

I've decided to go ahead and purchase it for our November cruise because with the way prices have increased lately, I'm just waiting to see the package prices spike as well.

We are on the Oasis and got a flyer two nights ago that if we booked onboard for selected cruises there were OBC and 1/2 off the second persons drink package. Since we don't plan any cruises in the immediate future I didn't pay to much attention to it.

There was another thread last week about BOGO drink pkg and get one for 50% off. I believe that was for cruises until April 30.our cruise is May 6Th. I decided to give them a call and I was told it was for cruises beginning May 15 th so I just missed it. Seems to me they make up dates when you call! Oh well, it was worth trying!

Marg

It's my impression that the BOGO50 sale is for new bookings only. I'm sure their might be a small percentage of previously booked cruise that may qualify all based on pricing of the cruise fare etc.

I attempted to add the BOGO50 to my current booked cruises and was told by RCL that I would be required to cancel and re-book at current pricing. Which would not work for us as current pricing today is about $1800 higher than the cruise fare we booked.

However, I was able to find a future cruise that fit our schedule and desired itinerary and yesterday we booked the cruise while taking advantage of the BOGO50. The cruise fare along w/ the BOGO50 Bev Pkg will cost less than our Oct 2015 cruise.