share the wealth coupon?

chrismch

Just saw an older posting that mentioned a "share the wealth" coupon from Princess for bringing on another couple on the same cruise that you are booked on. How does that work? Does it have to be with someone who has never sailed on Princess before? Or can it be with a previous cruiser who is also sailing with you once again on princess? Would appreciate your feedback and any other details as to how to get shipboard credits other than booking while on board.:p

It can be for anyone, whether they have sailed with Princess previously or not. They just have to be booking on the same cruise for the same date as you.

We were given them when we did our two future bookings on the Golden last month. They are given when you do a future booking onboard (not sure if you can get them any other way). It entitles the new passengers to the lower booking deposit and the shipboard credit that you would get for the future booking onboard.

Does anyone know the answer to this: I have a "share" coupon that I want to use for a friend on my same cruise that I just booked. I have never filled out the form before and I have been given two different answers on how to fill it out. On the left had side of the coupon it says :

Princess Captain's Circle Member Original Booking

Booking Number:

Princess Captain's Circle Member Number:

Passenger Names:

Ship:

Date:

Destination:

Duration:

I thought this form was completely self-explanatory until someone said I was doing it incorrectly. Is the information supposed to be for the new cruise that was just booked and the friend is also going on. Or is the information supposed to reflect the original cruise you were on where you received the "share" coupon. Hope this makes sense and doesn't sound too stupid.

Thanks!

I feel your pain on this. My thinking was the same as yours. I filled it out and it was rejected. I called Princess and Straight from the horses mouth I was told all of the information should reflect your "CURRENT" booking that you are giving your friend the coupon for.

I hope this helps

Patty

Chrismch, you also asked for other details on how to get shipboard credit besides booking onboard. In addition to the Share the Wealth coupon, there are some other ways you can potentially get shipboard credit. Some TAs run promotions offering shipboard credit for booking specific sailings. You would just have to watch for this opportunity.

Another way to get shipboard credit is to book a Cruise Critic group cruise. On our Cruise Critic August 19, 2006 Caribbean Princess cruise, in addition to group pricing, those booking also get $50 per cabin shipboard credit (double occupancy) and some additional amenities. We will also have a sailaway party and a meet and mingle.

You can book a Cruise Critic group cruise and do as little or as much with the group as you want. There is no assigned group dining-you dine when you want. So you have the advantage of group pricing, additional amenities, and opportunity share shore excursions but don't have to do any group activities unless you just want to do so. For more information, click on the links below or contact me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

Lynda,

I just wanted to add that you have in your hand the "old" version of the share the wealth if you can write stuff on the left. Maybe because of the confusion, they've re-designed it.

For those who have the "newer" version from a more recent cruise, let me just add some advice before you even begin:

The blue shaded area at the top talks about the cruise you were sailing on when you booked your future cruise deposit or future cruise actual booking onboard. Either the future cruise person willl fill this out, or you can leave it blank. It doesn't matter in the slightest if it's completed.

Below that it states very clearly -- "We would like for you to join us!

From your friends ____________ Our booking number ___________

Your names ________________ Your booking number_____________"

Cheers!

Suzy, now I am confused again. I guess I do have an old form. So do I have to reference the booking number associated with the cruise where the "share" coupon was obtained and then fill out the remainder of the form with the new booking info? Very confusing.

Thanks!

I just submitted a Share the Wealth coupon because our friends will

be coming with us. i talked to my TA about how to properly fill it out.

She was very clear that I had to put our immediate PAST booking number (which was the cruise where I got the STW coupon) AND our current

booking number AS WELL AS our friend's current booking number.

My TA also informed me at the time that there has been a severe computer

glitch with STW pertaining to the $100 deposit. She said she has been

on Princess' back about this and it's been a big problem since April..

TA stated that the computer has automatically been cancelling passengers

after a week or so who have paid the $100 deposit. Apparently the

computer seems to bump out and cancel reservations with a $100 deposit

with only the STW coupons. It's automated to received the $250 p.p.

deposit, so my friends booked with my TA when she had a $100 p.p. deposit

special going on to avoid the hassle of the STW coupon fiascos.

She does a high volume of Princess cruises and stated to me that when

folks go to pay their final payment, they in fact will not even have a reservation if they used the STW coupon thanks to this "automation" of

expecting $250 per person.

I have submitted my STW coupon (two weeks ago now) Apparently it

takes them 3 weeks to process. I'm still hoping my friends will get their

cabin credit of $50 per person.

I guess STW is supposed to be remitted like 3 days after booking, and yet,

people aren't even being processed until 3 weeks later or something.

Skarlet, we must use the same TA. I called mine today and she walked me though the process and said the exact same thing you said in your posting. She also told me about the problems since last April, same as you said. And she did say I need to include both original booking number, my new booking number and friends new booking number. Was put in the mail today and--we shall see.

After reading everyone's replies I called Princess directly and asked about this coupon. In Jan of this year while on a 12 day cruise, we pre-booked a 10 day cruise in a mini suite for Nov 06. We spoke to the future cruise person several times while on board as we were having trouble deciding what to book. So it wasn't as if we were there for a minute, gave our deposit and left. In reading these posts I understand that the coupon should have been given to us while we were on board so that we could "share" it with another friend. We did get another couple to join us on the Nov cruise. So in calling Princess, I was told that I should have gotten the "share coupon" while I was on board and since I didn't, there was nothing they could do. I asked if this is part of a marketing plan to encourage loyalty, then why isn't it consistent and covered when there was a problem. The response I got was that this was a shipboard promotion and that when I got on board in Nov maybe I could talk to someone there to see if they would do something. I said it sounded like they were passing the buck. Again I was told that this was just the way it was done and there was nothing that they could do. What's your opinion? It's just $25 and I doubt that it would even cause a ripple in the profit margin. However, the attitude that the marketing plan is a hit or miss doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Princess.

Archived