Grandeur of the Seas- What Gives??

JKrise

Everyone's opinion and expectations are different. For some of the negative comments, there are just as many positive, so, who is telling the truth? There is no truth. Each person has to experience any ship, food, service, entertainment, etc., then determine for themselves if it met their expectations. Some people expect more than others too.

So, in my opinion, there is no good or bad review that is accurate for every potential, future passenger.

Dave

Dave, I agree.

Moreover, it's really hard not to enjoy a cruise. I happen perceive downward step in the quality once offered. Then I thought it was just me. However, after reading some of the reviews there seems to be a consensus forming.

Hopefully it can get corrected. GOS and Baltimore are just so convenient to cruise from.

We will be on the Grandeur again April 10th, so, I guess we will see how the experience is this time around. We've enjoyed the Grandeur in the past. Then we go on the Vision to Europe in early May.

I will be posting information on our two upcoming cruises, even though, I will not get overly positive or negative with my comments, as I want to explain things in a more neutral tone.

On our last cruise on GoS (Jan15), thought I noticed a step down in quality by RCI. Judging from the other recent member reviews of GoS, I am not the only one who noticed a down grade.

Headed for Grandeur Saturday for 10 day cruise. I've been reading some of the yoyo opinions of Grandeur but for the most part, they follow the same them as other ships. I don't see any real trend. For myself, I've enjoyed her and Enchantment, and it looks like most still do.

Maybe you could give us some observations, considering you have sailed her before. What's changed .?

I have enjoyed every cruise I have been on but I am easy to please.

I too am concerned with the yoyo reviews. I take all negative reviews with a grain of salt because you just don't know who the person is who wrote it.

Im worried about the lack of service due to drink packages. I am going to be royally pissed if I have to search for drink at dinner or on the pool deck. PISSED! And I will voice it to anyone who will listen. All I want is the same service I have always had. Example would be as soon as you sit down in the theater 37 servers come up asking if you would like a drink. If lots of ppl are getting the drink package and they stop having 37 servers asking me if I want a drink then there will be problems.

Across the board, all ships have had a "decline" in service and quality. Newer cruisers don't notice, because they've never experienced the "before"....

It's not just Grandeur...and it's not just you!

Edited by cb at sea

Across the board, all ships have had a "decline" in service and quality. Newer cruisers don't notice, because they've never experienced the "before"....

It's not just Grandeur...and it's not just you!

yeah this sucks. we are paying more and getting less.

Im worried about the lack of service due to drink packages. I am going to be royally pissed if I have to search for drink at dinner or on the pool deck. PISSED! And I will voice it to anyone who will listen. All I want is the same service I have always had. Example would be as soon as you sit down in the theater 37 servers come up asking if you would like a drink. If lots of ppl are getting the drink package and they stop having 37 servers asking me if I want a drink then there will be problems.

my father had the drink package, we just got off grandeur last week. he didn't get it until day 3 but noticed he got less service once they saw the drink package on his card. he felt everyone was helped before him.

also my only real compliant about the grandeur was there was no "wow" factor like on previous cruises. and im not saying its a bad cruise, i would also go on it again in a heartbeat. nothing bad really but nothing was like wow thats great. i can say out of probably 8 or 9 cruises on royal in the past 5 or 6 years this was the first cruise where i did not give anyone any extra cash because wasn't overly impressed by anyone other than specialty dinning servers..

my father had the drink package, we just got off grandeur last week. he didn't get it until day 3 but noticed he got less service once they saw the drink package on his card. he felt everyone was helped before him.

also my only real compliant about the grandeur was there was no "wow" factor like on previous cruises. and im not saying its a bad cruise, i would also go on it again in a heartbeat. nothing bad really but nothing was like wow thats great. i can say out of probably 8 or 9 cruises on royal in the past 5 or 6 years this was the first cruise where i did not give anyone any extra cash because wasn't overly impressed by anyone other than specialty dinning servers..

Yes, this is my concern. I don't think I could have a 'bad cruise', I am accustomed to a level of service and I want to keep it. Ha, I sounded like an a$$hole saying that.

I sailed on the Grandeur in November (for the Thanksgiving cruise). Loved it! I thought the service was great (ESPECIALLY Kevin in the Schooner - go find him AS SOON AS YOU GET ON THE SHIP!) There were really no issues. A few times, for maybe twenty minutes, the toilets didn't work. Wasn't really a big deal to us (even though we were in an inside room) and other than that no issues.

We didn't like how small the ship was, but that was because we only got off twice in our 8-day trip (mainly because we didn't want to get off Ft. Lauderdale and Key West got cancelled). We got so, so bored by the end. If you have an active trip and nothing gets cancelled, however, you shouldn't have that problem at all.

I think you need to take what you read with a grain of salt. Everyone has good experiences and bad experiences. I hated being cooped up in a ship by the end of my trip, but I didn't let that color my vacation which was overall a great time. Perspectives change opinions and let yours decide what you enjoy.