Oriana looking great in Bergen

ShipsInBergen

Yesterday Oriana called into Bergen, and I was able to get some nice photos of her arrival, and of her alongside later in the afternoon. These are now up on my blog of ships in Bergen:

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2015/03/oriana.html

She was looking fantastic, albeit in her current 'limbo' state, with the blue funnel but no Union Jack. This new livery will take some getting used to :(

Thanks for posting the pictures - she does indeed look lovely. A ship that looks like a ship!

A friend of mine is on her at the moment, and I am looking forward to hearing all about his trip later this week.

I hope they've made it back after the delays yesterday! Oriana was 45 mins late departing Bergen on Sunday. It looked like she was waiting for passengers, but even after the gangway was packed up she sat around for a good 20 mins. I wonder if this was due to some early signs of engine trouble?

Hopefully all is now well - at least this itinerary is pretty relaxed with quite a few ovet-nights so should take the pressure off and give them chance to sort any problems. They're talking about possibly seeing the Northern Lights from the Midlands and North tonight so hopefully that augers well for their celestial observations. Sounds like a really interesting itinerary. Wish I could have gone!!

P. S. Just found her on AIS - she's underway but still within Southampton Water. Is that consistent with her planned delayed departure time?

Edited by kruzseeka

She may look good with the blue funnel but it’s only half a job, anybody any idea when Oriana will be finished off with the Union Jack?

Not sure when she's due to be painted, but I'll be keeping my eyes posted on these forums for photos. I definitely think the new livery will suit some members of the fleet better than others, and agree with many on here that it does look good on Britannia, but I just can't see it doing anything good for Oriana :(