BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

Day 3 - San Juan - Comedian Robbie Printz

CS15HX_%25200951-XL.jpg

After dinner we would make our first appearance of the week in the Silhouette Theatre to catch the comedy of Robbie Printz. We didn't go to the embarkation night show so we didn't get a taste of any of the week's entertainment and didn't know what to expect. He he was very good and clean. Personally I don't mind my comedy with an Adult edge. Speaking of Adult comedy... What happened to late night Sin City Comedy held in Celebrity Central? I had no problem with it but, I think most would agree it did not really fit into "Modern Luxury"? Thoughts?

CS15WA_%25200351-XL.jpg

The comedy show was about one half hour long and it was after the show that we wandered up to the Photo Gallery were Donna found out about their no holding of photos unless you have purchased a photo package. Which I had already discussed earlier in the Trip report. Personally I think they will sell less photos but, what do I Know?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 3 San Juan - Good Night

Tomorrow's Celebrity Today Ready for Donna. Not!

CS15HX_%25200864-XL.jpg

Donna and I went back up to our and I am sure the boys hit Quasar. Spent until 12:15 AM writing up my notes for the past day.

My New Favourite Section of the Trip Report - What Junk Mail Events Did We Miss Today?

Junk Mail Front & Back

CS2015_JunkM_030315_Breitling-XL.jpgCS2015_JunkM_030315_CanyonSpa-XL.jpg

Up Next Day 4 St Kitts & Our Return to Sky Safari Zip Lining.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

CT_Day04_030415_1-X3.jpg

Day 4 - St Kitts - Wednesday March 4, 2015

Celebrity Today

Front Page

CT_Day04_030415_1-XL.jpg

Inside Left Page 2

CT_Day04_030415_2-XL.jpg

Inside Right Page 3

CT_Day04_030415_3-XL.jpg

Back Page 4

CT_Day04_030415_4-XL.jpg

Featured Today Front

CT_Day04_030415_FT1-XL.jpg

Featured Today Back

CT_Day04_030415_FT2-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Good morning Kevin,

I love, love, love your reviews; your commentary is wonderful and your pictures gorgeous. Regarding the Sin City Comedy Club, it was still on Equinox mid-February. The comedian (whose name escapes me right now) was hilarious; he'll be appearing here in the Chicago area this summer and I plan to catch that show. Last year on Equinox was Kathleen, and she was also amazing. I'm hoping for another great show on Solstice next year.

Look forward to days 4, 5, 6 & 7!!!

Susan

My Charlottetown Islanders are still playing playoff Hockey (Down 3-0). Should be able to get back to Trip Report tonight.

Good morning Kevin,

I love, love, love your reviews; your commentary is wonderful and your pictures gorgeous. Regarding the Sin City Comedy Club, it was still on Equinox mid-February. The comedian (whose name escapes me right now) was hilarious; he'll be appearing here in the Chicago area this summer and I plan to catch that show. Last year on Equinox was Kathleen, and she was also amazing. I'm hoping for another great show on Solstice next year.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks for you comments. I think back to 2013 and I believe Sin City made it's debut on Silhouette. The second week of our 2013 B2B was also the President's Cruise (Michael Bailey) I am pretty sure he was there the same night we were. You just don't hear too much about Sin City on these boards much. March 2014 Sin City was still going for our Equinox Voyage.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Good morning Kevin,

Susan

Susan ,

We were on the Equinox on Feb. 2 (11 day) and there was no Sin City.

I was really disappointed as I was looking forward to it. :(

Hi Karen,

We got on Equinox the day you got off...I believe we saw the comedian the 3rd or 4th night and remember him saying he was getting off the next day. The next time I was in that room was Ash Wednesday in Barbados when a priest was brought in for services. It was kind of funny having a priest in "Sin City"!!!

Susan

CS15WA_%25200548%2520-%2520Version%25202-X3.jpg

Day 4 - St Kitts Sunrise

Up at 6:10 AM to catch the sunrise at 6:28 AM. I was hoping this morning that I would have a little more luck with the clouds and sun and that I would be able to capture some nice photos. Nope! I find my spot up on Deck 15 and my lady friend is also up there before me already reading her book. Just like the past two days it is very windy up here. Looks likes I am 0 for 3 in the sunsets so far this trip. I was not able to capture any sunsets this trip because it is hard when you are making plans with five other people. "OH! Can you wait here 25 minutes? I want capture this sunset?" I already knew the answer.

This next picture was about the best of the lot.

CS15HX_%25200964-XL.jpg

The Art Studio Up early with the Sunrise

CS15HX_%25200972-XL.jpg

CS15GP_%25200219-XL.jpg

After sunrise I was down to Cafe al Bacio for two hot chocolates which were much hotter than yesterday's. How do I know? Well! I was walking back down our hallway and something distracted me and the stacked Hot Chocolate shifted and spilled on my PEI Dirt T-Shirt. Ouch! That stung. Donna and I sat out on our balcony enjoying our Hot Chocolate, Croissants, and the views. The others slowly got up and joined us.

I think this is part of St Kitts?

CS15HX_%25201000-XL.jpg

A now dormant volcano.

CS15GW_%25200120-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Day 4 - St Kitts

Ships in with us Today at St Kitts:

1) RCL Independence of the Seas (3634) (7AM-5PM)

2) Royal Clipper (227)

CS15HX_%25201007-XL.jpg

I set up my cameras on the railing to capture our arrival in St Kitts. Independence of the Sea was already there. I was hoping that we would pull along her on our port side. But with Nolan's Camera Zoom I could see we would be coming along on our starboard side. No big deal we will just hustle down to deck 5 and capture the balance of the sail in from there.

Nolan Captures Pilot heading for us.

CS15NN_%25200348-XL.jpg

CS15NN_%25200351-XL.jpg

Independence of the Seas Already Docked.

CS15NN_%25200388-XL.jpg

Royal Clipper also there before us

CS15NN_%25200390-XL.jpg

Time for the boys to switch down to deck 5

CS15NN_%25200400-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 4 - St Kitts - Sail in

Picture of me setting up my Sony LCD Flip Out video camera on the rail with my new favourite Jolby Clamp.

CS15NN_%25200414-XL.jpg

The first sighting of Independence of the Seas from Deck 5

CS15HX_%25201042-XL.jpg

My Optical Illusion. In the lower right hand corner you can see two people waiting to receive Silhouette's ropes. Because of the massive size of Independence of the Seas I first thought those people were just little statues. Until I realized they were real.

CS15NN_%25200420-XL.jpg

CS15HX_%25201051-XL.jpg

Adam Capturing the Starboard Bridge Wing from Deck 5

CS15WA_%25200380-XL.jpg

So while we were getting closer and closer to Independence of the Seas we notice a lady shouting at somebody on the Independence. We found out later that it was her brother who she was shouting to.

CS15HX_%25201056-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 4 - St Kitts

When built the Independence of the Sea was the Largest cruise in the world until another little ship called Oasis of the Sea was built. The next picture shows the port side bridge wing of Independence which is a much larger ship than Silhouette but has a much smaller bridge wing. I think they had to be careful not to get the two ships to close or the wings might of touched.

CS15HX_%25201060-XL.jpg

Donna say the same colour choice was not pre-planned. Should be okay because Michele and Louis would not be coming along with us on our Zip Line adventure.

CS15NN_%25200451-XL.jpg

Nolan's picture of Royal Clipper before it decided to move.

CS15NN_%25200452-XL.jpg

Picture from our Balcony of the Bassettre port.

CS15NN_%25200458-XL.jpg

I had mentioned at sunrise that it was very windy this morning. It most of been to windy also for Royal Clipper because they moved over to the other port. I am thinking for some shelter from the wind. Michele told me that early in the morning that deck 14 was closed to the public because of the strong winds.

CS15NN_%25200499-XL.jpg

Next picture captures the Royal Clipper making its getaway along with Silhouette about to receive some fuel.

CS15GW_%25200149-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 4 - St Kitts

This being our first cruise as CC Elite the perk we were most looking forward to was the free bag of Laundry and secondly the 90 minutes of free internet that up to this point none of us had any desire to connect. Sister Michele made a comment at dinner how nice it was not having anybody reaching for their smartphones. So we had two Elite coupons and between the six of us we could not max out the number of items we were allowed to be laundered. Wednesday was the last day to use the Elite Coupon.

CS15GW_%25200142-XL.jpg

Current price list for Laundry if you are paying.

CS2015_LaundryList-XL.jpg

Michele captured this picture of Independence's hot tub that hangs over the side. Not sure if this was before or after deck 14 was closed.

CS15MW_%25200187-XL.jpg

For a St. Kitts excursion this year we are going to do the exact thing that we did last year... Sky Safari Zip Lining. We were to meet just inside the Pier's building at 11:15. There is where you are greeted by Sky Safari's very friendly staff. You sign your waiver and get weighed... I think max weight is 270 pounds.

CS15GP_%25200295-XL.jpg

CS15WA_%25200549-XL.jpg

We were on our bus by 11:45AM and I am pretty sure it is the same bus driver as last year. He gives a very informative narration of his island as we drive out to the Wingfield Estate a former sugar plantation.

CS15GW_%25200160-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Your last cruise sounds amazing.

We haven't been on Celebrity for many years. We have taken 13 cruises so far, and look forward to many more. Last time on Celebrity was a wonderful cruise to Alaska on Mercury (yep many years ago), we have jumped all over, i.e., Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean, even a "Barefoot Cruise", Looking forward, along with eight of our friends to celebrate our 50th, to cruising on Silhouette in September. Your enthusiasm for Silhouette has us all excited.

Thank you,

Julia

Day 4 - St Kitts - Sky Safari Zip Lining

What can I say to those who have never zip lined but would like to try it? This is the place to try it. The apparatus that Sky Safari utilizes is not only extremely safe but also very comfortable. The only negative I can say about Sky Safari is that I wish that they had more runs.

CS15WA_%25200584-XL.jpg

A group shot of us all suited up and ready for the first run which is a training runs that shows you the technique on how to stop.

CS15WA_%25200562-XL.jpg

Adam ready to take on the first run.

CS15WA_%25200565-XL.jpg

After the first training run everybody is loaded up onto transportation for the drive up the rather steep hill to THE BOSS which is the longest and best run of your day. Now this trip can be an adventure depending on what mode of transportation they use. Last year we used this small pick up truck and with the zip line trucks on the floor is was a battle.

CS15GW_%25200190-XL.jpg

But this year we got to ride in style/comfort with this monster pictured below. This was a much easier drive up.

CS15GW_%25200196%2520-%2520Version%25202-XL.jpg

We were smart and hopped up quickly to get a seat on the side with a back rest.

CS15WA_%25200568-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Your last cruise sounds amazing.

We haven't been on Celebrity for many years. We have taken 13 cruises so far, and look forward to many more. Last time on Celebrity was a wonderful cruise to Alaska on Mercury (yep many years ago), we have jumped all over, i.e., Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean, even a "Barefoot Cruise", Looking forward, along with eight of our friends to celebrate our 50th, to cruising on Silhouette in September. Your enthusiasm for Silhouette has us all excited.

Thank you,

Julia

Hi Julia,

Thanks for taking the time to add your comments. I am sure you will love the "S" class of ships. Just hoping that my Trip Report/pictures only helps with your anticipation?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Day 4 - St Kitts - Sky Safari Zip Lining - "the confession"

If you want to video tape your zip lining then a Go Pro is a must have. Last year I used a Go Pro on my helmet and put my Sony Handycam on my Go Pole. I was very happy with results and earlier in this trip report I had already put a link to my 2014 video.(also in my signature). Every since I knew we were going back to Sky Safari I figured I needed (or wanted... what's the difference?) a second Go Pro. So I kind of gave myself a late Christmas present and ordered a second Go Pro 3+ Black from Costco online. So I am set... one Go pro for the Helmet, one Go Pro for the Go Pole, and the Sony HandyCam on Go Pro Stick. Now all these cameras are weather proof so if it decided to rain I am covered. The plan was that we would exchange the Go Pro on the Helmet so we would have different POV's from each of us and we would also take turns holding the Go Pro on the Go Pole. But unfortunately I over did it with my camera directing on the Zip line platforms(the evil Steven Spielberg). By the second run the boys and Donna were getting feed up with me and they were not able to fully enjoy their zip lining experience. The boys told Donna this but Donna didn't tell me until latter that evening. So I told Donna that I would apologize to the boys for my over zealous camera directing... and I did apologize to my boys. So with that confession out of the way lets carry on?

This structure below is how all the runs are anchored.

CS15WA_%25200569-XL.jpg

CS15WA_%25200575-XL.jpg

Donna Ready for THE BOSS

CS15WA_%25200573-XL.jpg

The view from the top of a run.

CS15GW_%25200178-XL.jpg

The Zipping Couple

CS15GP_%25200420-XL.jpg

Adam at the exit of the fourth run before the short walk down to the final dual zip.

CS15GP_%25200422-XL.jpg

From the first run to the last it just a little over an hour to complete.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 4 - St Kitts - Wingfield Estates

Donna and Adam At the Exit of last run.

CS15GW_%25200185-XL.jpg

Nolan and Adam getting a little adult beverage refreshment

CS15GW_%25200186-XL.jpg

A few pictures of the Wingfield grounds.

CS15WA_%25200591-XL.jpg

CS15WA_%25200592-XL.jpg

CS15GW_%25200192-XL.jpg

CS15WA_%25200585-XL.jpg

Up Next Sail - Away & Dinner @ Lawn Club Grill.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hey, Kevin -

I really loved last year's zip video. Any idea when this one will be available? I'm terribly afraid of heights, but after watching your video I think I may try it next time in St. Kitts.

Have a great weekend.

Hey, Kevin -

I really loved last year's zip video. Any idea when this one will be available? I'm terribly afraid of heights, but after watching your video I think I may try it next time in St. Kitts.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Mark,

Spent most of yesterday working on the 2015 version. Last year's was just over 6 and a half minutes. This year my goal is to have it under 3 minutes. Editing takes a tremendous amount of time and hoping to have it finished and posted to my Vimeo account today. You have got to try zip lining especially with the safety in St Kitts.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

CS15WA_%25200571-X3.jpg

Day 4 - St Kitts - Sky Safari Zip Line Video

This next video took me quite a while to edit. Started yesterday morning and finished late this afternoon. Our high/slow Bell Aliant High Speed internet took over 2.5 hours to upload to Vimeo. Ouch! The video is about half the length of last year's version... weighs in a a mere 3 minutes and 39 seconds. For most of these short videos I try to use original music that Nolan creates for me but Nolan had nothing for me this time. I think the music I choose is quite appropriate for this video.

So if you have not clicked any of my videos yet... please click this one. I think you will agree it is a fun video to watch?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

CS15WA_%25200571-X3.jpg

Day 4 - St Kitts - Sky Safari Zip Line Video

This next video took me quite a while to edit. Started yesterday morning and finished late this afternoon. Our high/slow Bell Aliant High Speed internet took over 2.5 hours to upload to Vimeo. Ouch! The video is about half the length of last year's version... weighs in a a mere 3 minutes and 39 seconds. For most of these short videos I try to use original music that Nolan creates for me but Nolan had nothing for me this time. I think the music I choose is quite appropriate for this video.

So if you have not clicked any of my videos yet... please click this one. I think you will agree it is a fun video to watch?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Why the need to edit it down? We would have watched the whole thing! :D