How do you book your cruise?

DW and I book online. We like full control of our vacations.

When I go online I have a list of 10 cabin locations that we would like. I go through the cabin selection till I get one of the 10. Believe or not, We have always gotten our 1st choice.

Also have seen a price drop on 2 our cruises, called RCI and gotten the new price.

So easy, at least for us. no complaints at all about booking online. Again I would rather have control of my vacation money then getting any perks. Remember any perks you get from a TA comes out of their pocket. Also the prices are the same. if you get a different price from a TA it is because they have block of rooms reserved.

We used a travel agent for the first time in years this year; I would rather have booked with the cruise line as every time I want to do something to the reservation I have to go through them. I also don't find my AAA TA particularly attentive, she is not good at returning calls or emails in a timely fashion.

Did research online and I put a cabin on hold. Then the next day (but before the 24 hour mark), I called RCL directly and booked it. I didn't want to go through a third party and RCL was very helpful, patient and friendly. They also helped get past cruises linked to crown and anchor, including one I took back in 1997.

We used a travel agent for the first time in years this year; I would rather have booked with the cruise line as every time I want to do something to the reservation I have to go through them. I also don't find my AAA TA particularly attentive, she is not good at returning calls or emails in a timely fashion.

Kind of why I finally fired my TA! Now I book online with royal Caribbean and never had a problem.

First decide cruise and date we want. Then I go to a web site that let's different agency's compete for your booking. Usually get about 7-10 quotes. Then I call the agency that has best price and

perks. Always get excellent OBC and good pricing. Our upcoming cruise we saved $1000 ( the agency had a group booking rate ) and got $500 OBC. Our traveling booked with their trusted agency, paid &1000 more and only got $300 OBC. To answer another question I go online and book excursions, specialty restaurants, and anything else I need. Have been doing this for years. The Cruise companys just can't match this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I typically use the same website. They also compete for your land/air travels as well. I have only had 1 issue and it was cleared up within 2 hours.

We tried to book with 'Next Cruises' on our last cruise and they were unable to help us. It was a huge mess and after all the grief we went through, well over 2 hours of time over 2 days, we still do not know how booking with them would benefit us (or not)

Happy St Patricks Day