Which ship for Christmas?

cruzdreamin'

Hello Everyone!

I have a deliema (spelling?) and need some help so I came to all of you...the experts! My parents (age 83 & 80) are going with my husband and I (both age 57) on a cruise just before Christmas. My mother wants to see the ship decorated for Christmas. The 2 ships I have chosen are: RC/Allure of the Seas and Princess/Regal Princess. Has anyone been on either of these ships between Nov 29th and Dec 20th and could tell me how early they decorate for Christmas and which one has the best decorations? I had a couple more questions please? #1 How early tdo they have the Christmas parade on RC & #2 I heard that Princess has artifical snow in the Piazza - when do they start that? Sorry for all the questions. I just want this cruise to be as special as it can be for my parents. Thank you all in advance for your wonderful opinions/advice!

Have a blessed day!

Cruzdreamin'

Hi,

Sorry I can't help with ur original question but I just wanted to point out a few things concerning the ships u r considering, if u don't mind. I was on the Allure a few years ago. It is a beautiful ship, with lots to do! We were only on for 7 days and it wasn't near enough time to see the whole ship! Geared ( in my opinion ) for families. Along with that..... It's a lot of walking to get from one place to another!!!! Much more so then the other ships Iv been on! I'm not sure how easy it is for ur parents to get around, but that might be something to think of. Also, since the Allure is geared more towards families with younger kids, u might run into a haggle of them, especially at this time of the year! If that isn't what u or ur parents enjoy, u might want to consider the Princess ship. I have never been on the Princess ship, so I really can't say eith way for that one! Hope u enjoy ur trip!

We've taken several Christmas cruises. They usually decorate the ships the cruise after Thanksgiving. When we took cruises over Thanksgiving, we saw them begin to bring the decorations on board as we were getting off the ship. We've also taken several pre-Christmas cruises in December, and the ships have always been ready for the holidays then.

The snow in the atrium has just been on Christmas morning in our experience. They have Santa come for the children then. The singers and dancers perform a few numbers before he gets there. That's when it snows.

Our last three cruises have been during the holidays including Christmas and NY on Princess ships on the Hawaiian itinerary. It's very festive and all decorated. the time I've seen the snow was when the officers were caroling in the grand atrium with the "snow" falling on them. Either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day may have a formal dinner.

We have taken several cruises during Christmas week on three different cruise lines. We enjoyed the ones on Royal Caribbean the most. The decorations, Christmas ice skating show, meals, and festive atmosphere on the ships seemed to be better on RC. Even the crew seemed to be in a happy, holiday mode.

We have not cruised on either of the ships you are considering. Keep in mind, both of those ships are massive and it will take a lot of walking to get around on them.

Maybe seeing pictures would help you make a decision. My wife takes pictures for her website on all of our cruises. There are links below in green to designate the Christmas cruises.

Cruising is a great way to celebrate Christmas.

I would take a 14 day cruise at that time of the year. Celebrity's Eclipse would be my first choice:

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Nov 29 Miami, FL 4:30pm

Mon Nov 30 At Sea

Tue Dec 1 At Sea

Wed Dec 2 Aruba 8:00am 8:00pm

Thu Dec 3 Curacao 7:00am 5:00pm

Fri Dec 4 At Sea

Sat Dec 5 Grenada 8:00am 5:00pm

Sun Dec 6 Barbados 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon Dec 7 St. Lucia 8:00am 5:00pm

Tue Dec 8 Antigua 8:00am 5:00pm

Wed Dec 9 St. Kitts 8:00am 5:00pm

Thu Dec 10 St. Maarten 8:00am 5:00pm

Fri Dec 11 At Sea

Sat Dec 12 At Sea

Sun Dec 13 Miami, FL 7:00am

Great rates; insides less than $100 per day. Much better food compared to Royal Caribbean or Princess. Very few children, and a much more upscale experience. Excellent itinerary (we did this same cruise last December).

Enjoy!

Kel:)