Norwegian never gave us their promotion

sdtheclub

Under promo code it just says easyfare. The ship was the Pearl and sailed from Miami on March 6 and returned March 16. Yes I do realize humans make mistakes and the mistake should have been resolved very quickly and very easily as soon as I notified them but unfortunately that is not the case. Like I said it's a promotion that they are offering everyone and it's nothing special and I'm just bewildered that they are making such a big deal out of it. I have been cruising for over thirty years and have been on over twenty cruises but this is the first time I've ever booked directly through Norwegian and it will be the last. Booking date was Feb 9 2015. Stateroom category is IX/GTY

The cabin you booked is an IX GTY (inside guarantee)....the promo does not apply to insides. This was stated everywhere on their website. One needs to book an ocean view or above to avail this promo.

I hope this explains it.

Buyer beward, if its not written somewhere it does not exist. In my last PCC booking, (right before all of these great perks), the PCC promised me 150 OBC, plus free wine and one free specialty dining. and possibly free insurance.

When I got the confirmation 30 minutes after booking , the OBC was listed as 50. He also told me the ship was 84% full and that the prices would not drop. That was a blatent lie, not only did prices drop a couple of weeks later but the fantastic deals came along in January. I tried for days to get him; would not return my calls. Talked to various PCCs who finally gave me the name of Warren Mae the head of the Pccs. Although Mr. Mae did not return my calls, I did get the 150OBC and 2 bottles of wine. There was no free insurance and luckily was able to add it later.

Lessons learned. I will never book with a PCC again, there is little recourse. I went back to my prevous online TA (who now has weekend/night hours--yes it was after hours when I booked the cruise)

The cabin you booked is an IX GTY (inside guarantee)....the promo does not apply to insides. This was stated everywhere on their website. One needs to book an ocean view or above to avail this promo.

I hope this explains it.

No, they booked that day or two where it was included for insides.

Harriet

Here's what you said, in the post to which I was replying:

"The promo in question NEVER applied to inside or studio cabins as per the NCL website."

Obviously, it did, at least during February, which is when OP claims to have booked their cruise.

Are you acknowledging that your initial proclamation was erroneous? Because if not, the "mystery" would be why your understanding of what you said differs so much from mine.

HEY, DUMB IT DOWN FOR ME. NOT TO SMART ME AM I. proclamation, erroneous. PLEASE ONLY ADDRESS ME WITH ONE SYLLABLE WORDS. ME NO STANDUNDER SAY WHAT YOU WROTE...

Under promo code it just says easyfare. The ship was the Pearl and sailed from Miami on March 6 and returned March 16. Yes I do realize humans make mistakes and the mistake should have been resolved very quickly and very easily as soon as I notified them but unfortunately that is not the case. Like I said it's a promotion that they are offering everyone and it's nothing special and I'm just bewildered that they are making such a big deal out of it. I have been cruising for over thirty years and have been on over twenty cruises but this is the first time I've ever booked directly through Norwegian and it will be the last. Booking date was Feb 9 2015. Stateroom category is IX/GTY

Your answer is in the first line of your post. The EasyFare promo code when googled pulls up a March 2011 press release from NCL and is used by travel partners (travel agents) when booking through the travel partners website.

If the promo code was linked to a travel agent as it is only for use by travel partners that is why the front desk couldn't understand you booked directly with NCL your reservation was telling them you booked through a travel partner.

You would need to do a lot more digging to find out why a PCC is using a code that is not for their use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your answer is in the first line of your post. The EasyFare promo code when googled pulls up a March 2011 press release from NCL and is used by travel partners (travel agents) when booking through the travel partners website.

If the promo code was linked to a travel agent as it is only for use by travel partners that is why the front desk couldn't understand you booked directly with NCL your reservation was telling them you booked through a travel partner.

You would need to do a lot more digging to find out why a PCC is using a code that is not for their use.

That is incorrect. I've booked directly through NCL and had that same code, it is not (and the PR in question even doesn't say that it would be) a code that only TAs would use - just that it makes booking easier because the code is easier to remember than arbitary PG6 used before.

Edited by Demonyte

• 3 weeks later...

EASYFARE is listed on all 3 of my cruises coming up. This is the order of how they are listed. In the right hand corner is the reservation #, then the promo codes AAPP, then promo code CHOODBS then EASYFARE. These are listed in the same order on all three confirmation copies.

EASYFARE is listed on all 3 of my cruises coming up. This is the order of how they are listed. In the right hand corner is the reservation #, then the promo codes AAPP, then promo code CHOODBS then EASYFARE. These are listed in the same order on all three confirmation copies.

Ditto.

Your answer is in the first line of your post. The EasyFare promo code ...

... is only for use by travel partners that is why the front desk couldn't understand you booked directly with NCL your reservation was telling them you booked through a travel partner. ...

Not true. Evidently all of the NCL reps use that code since I am another who booked with NCL and have that EasyFare code listed. But their should have been an additional code for the OBC.

For example mine also has the code LATOFFER and at the bottom of my invoice it lists Latitude Offer $25

I also received an amenity email showing a $12.50 ONboard credit certificate non-refundable for me and one for my husband since the $25 per cabin credit is divided between/among the people in the cabin.

I always check before the cruise to make sure my invoice and amenities lists are correct and I take the paperwork with me.

Sounds as if the OP did not have any code on invoice for the promo and did not receive the amenity email. Nothing the front desk could do without proof of the offer. The matter should have been taken up by OP with NCL before the cruise.

Edited by NMLady

I hope this explains it.

Nope, the $25 OBC DID apply to inside cabins, at least in February it did. I booked an inside cabin in February and got $25 obc. After booking I instantly got amenity email showing showing $12.50 OBC for me and $12.50 OBC for hubby.

Edited by NMLady

EASYFARE is a generic promocode.

Insides DID qualify at the time the OP booked

It should have said EASYFARE CHOO (the CHOO is the obc code for the promotion in February)

It didn't. That means the person who made the reservation made a mistake. Unfortunately, not sure they can do anything now.

• 2 weeks later...
so you are saying you didn't have your proof with you, but they should have taken your word for it and everyone had the same promo on your ship? Wrong, the only ones that had that promo were those who have booked since it has been in effect which isn't all that long. Like any promo they run for a certain period of time. Probably over 1/2 those on board did not have you promo. We really don't need to know your booking date, or how many cruises you have taken. I would think with your experience you would realize booking via the phone less than a month from sailing could backfire. Using an agent or on line booking gives you a little more security. Now, that I have read all the your posts on the subject and the responses, I do have to wonder what all the tadoo is over $25.00? Yes, I realize it is the principle of the story, but, it isn't worth calling a company liars or saying they can't be trusted. It was someones mistake. I hope you get your $25.00. Keep us posted.

I am currently going through the same situation. We have yet to go on our cruise but when i was filling out online paper work i know longer seen promo in the latest email from ncl. I called them and was told that I was given the promo by mistake and that the computer system at some point caught the mistake and backed it out. When i talked to supervisor she tried to make it sound like it was something i did.... I told her i did not search out promo but was offered it at booking. I based my cruise line choice off this promo. She said there was nothing she could do unless i had prof which i thought odd because he cowork just told me see could see me have it then it was taken away! so i pulled up my conformation which shows a "promo easyfare" so i have forwarded it to her and she has yet to get back to me! Im ready to never sail on ncl again! they treated me like..... o well to bad

I am currently going through the same situation. We have yet to go on our cruise but when i was filling out online paper work i know longer seen promo in the latest email from ncl. I called them and was told that I was given the promo by mistake and that the computer system at some point caught the mistake and backed it out. When i talked to supervisor she tried to make it sound like it was something i did.... I told her i did not search out promo but was offered it at booking. I based my cruise line choice off this promo. She said there was nothing she could do unless i had prof which i thought odd because he cowork just told me see could see me have it then it was taken away! so i pulled up my conformation which shows a "promo easyfare" so i have forwarded it to her and she has yet to get back to me! Im ready to never sail on ncl again! they treated me like..... o well to bad

Easyfare, I believe, is a free upgrade.

What cabin cat. did you book/pay for and what cabin cat. do you have?

Harriet

Just want to mention that the OBC does not always show up in your My NCL booking summary of amenities.

We sailed Breakwaway 3/31 and got UBP plus $50 OBC with our aft balcony B1.

The promo and OBC showed on our booking confirmation, but in My NCL only the UBP showed, and that only for 2 people even though we had a child who gets the soda package. I followed several threads that explained how to find your info in My NCL but none were successful. I decided to save it for check in.

At Check in we confirmed everything. And I went to the desk on the ship on day 2 to make sure the OBC was applied to our account... it was.