Reviews for Marina Day in Triluke Bay?

orlavagrl

Hi All, I'm new to Seabourn and we will be having a marina day in Triluke bay near the end of August and I'm curious what these days are all about. Are there enough Kayaks? Can you tender to shore and see a small town? We are a bit worried about being bored, especially since most of the other stops on this cruise are small beach type towns. Any thoughts appreciated!

The usual practice is to have a Marina Day in a relatively sheltered location adjacent to a port. This means that tenders can take passengers ashore. However, if the Marina Day is scheduled with a Sea Day there will be no tender transfer. My recollection is that our Marina Day in Triluke Bay was a sea day.

The ship's Marina creates an enclosed pool which enables swimming in the sea water - but the area is pretty small - and the edge of the pool provides the walkway for accessing the water sports. These are all well supervised and there is generally enough equipment to enable passengers who want to participate to have a reasonable turn. The age mix of your cruise and weather will be factors in how keen people are to participate.

The most popular item is usually the banana boat which is towed by one of the ship's power boats. The aim seems to be to get up enough speed to get everyone wet ie fall off. Good fun on a warm day.

There were no tenders to shore when I was there. There were plenty of people doing the banana boat and IIRC the power boat actually took my friends on a long ride without the banana boat. I don't like the marina area that much as I much prefer a jacuzzi with a margarita in hand.

We were on Legend in July 2013 and we definitely had tenders to the shore for those that wanted to. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we walked around the path following the small cliff. There was a place on the other side where we could swim but from rocks not a beach. We enjoyed our swim from there. This was obviously a European holiday spot as the people there seemed to be renting holiday houses. It just had that feel.

Maybe they do it differently with the bigger ships?

We will be in Triluke Bay on the Odyssey on May 17th, so it won't officially be summer. Not afraid of a bit of cold water, I'd still love it if they ran a marina day. How likely do you think this will be?

The Adriatic is a cold sea well into the summer - on the Croatian side, many of the rivers that feed the Adriatic are snow-fed. And it doesn;t start melting inthe Balkans until April. My guess is that May will be very cold (it certainly still was in the first week of July when I was in Triluke Bay in 2011). On the other hand, because it is a shallow sea, once it warms up, it stays warm longer than other parts of the Med - you can oftern swim at the end of October.

we had two days in the back to back Venice to Istanbul this last september. Both were a fun way to spend an hour or so. The waits were short for all the activities and yes the tenders to prt were operating.

For the wee sisters (no longer relevant) our CD was less than honest to us about the status of the marina (it was borked, taking in far too much water but they claimed a 'weather' issue even when SeaDream and Windstar had no such problems). For the Odyssey class I understand that the marinas should work (weather permitting/zodiacs permitting) and that the difference between them and the wee ships is that they've removed the cage from the O class as its a PITA to deal with.