How much should I tip the porter at Port of Miami ?

june123

I have read tons of posts about tipping porters at embarkation but nothing about tipping when your bags arrive at your cabin. Is a tip customary for the people getting your bags to your cabin.

On none of my cruises have I seen the people getting the bags to my cabin. They have always arrived when I am out and about doing things, so there is no way to hand them money.

I have read tons of posts about tipping porters at embarkation but nothing about tipping when your bags arrive at your cabin. Is a tip customary for the people getting your bags to your cabin.

No. Not at all. A crew of room stewards working each deck all deliver the bags to the room doors. It's unlikely you will even see exactly when yours arrives or who delivers it. And, some of you bags may arrive well before the last ones. They are just placed in front of your cabin door. You are certainly welcome to give your cabin steward a tip at the end of the cruise though.

For the port porters, I always just give $5, regardless. We've yet to meet a porter that was unpleasant or appeared to be expecting a tip however, at any of the ports (haven't sailed out of NY).

No. Not at all. A crew of room stewards working each deck all deliver the bags to the room doors. It's unlikely you will even see exactly when yours arrives or who delivers it. And, some of you bags may arrive well before the last ones. They are just placed in front of your cabin door. You are certainly welcome to give your cabin steward a tip at the end of the cruise though.

For the port porters, I always just give $5, regardless. We've yet to meet a porter that was unpleasant or appeared to be expecting a tip however, at any of the ports (haven't sailed out of NY).

We sail out of NYC and give $2 a bag, same as the airport.