good gluten free choices- trying to get a list going

• 2 weeks later...

DH enjoyed the cupcakes from Cupcake Cupboard, Snickerdoodles cookies(pre-packaged) from Promenade café, GF hot dog bun from The Dog House(Allure), GF hamburger buns from Johnny Rockets, and GF Pizza from Sorrento.

Giovanni's Table , Chops Grille, Samba Grill, and MDR all made sure that his needs were addressed.

We have cruised 13 times since he was diagnosed with Celiac disease. The last few years the available items have multiplied, and the staff is much more aware.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, the food service people have been very receptive to providing choices for restricted diets.

Barb

There is a mushroom appetizer served in a flaky pastry that is delicious. I asked for it with a gluten free roll the night before and they made the mushroom dish gluten free. Love it...

I wish they had the flourless chocolate cake available more often. Last cruise I could not get it any of the nights of the cruise on Allure. I asked ahead of time just to make sure it would be available and it wasn't..from the gluten free kitchen. Only the creme brulle and ice cream were available. The allure was the most difficult ship for gluten free. Been on Freedom many times, Brilliance, and some other ships were very helpful. Allure not so much.

This is the one aspect of cruising Princess I liked better. They had better gluten free options every evening for me... Even a special pasta dish every evening with a different sauce and gluten free pasta as a course each evening. I did the British Isles this past summer and only princess had the Itinerary, so as loyal RCCL cruisers we did princess.... 250+ points on RCL so we have a lot of experience with Royal. Just wish they had a better gluten free experience. This is not a choice but necessity due to celiac showing up in my blood work and scopes...