Mods, please allow: Cruise Ship passengers among the victims in Tunisia

Because you can't.

First, this is horrible tragedy. Those poor families and loved ones of those hurt by this situation. It's awesome to see so many around the globe reaching out to them.

Second, evil is evil. Whether it's in Boston, Tunis, St. Lucia, or Timbuktu these events are disgusting. It's not less rotten because it happened in your country and you don't want people to have a bad impression of your people.

I hope those still missing are found safe.

Spot on. Terrorists are terrorists everywhere. Their motivation and methods may be different, but the fact innocent, unrelated people suffer is common.

Certainly the way authorities handle them differs too, but there's still no magic police force that can guarantee 100% safety - in any country.

My wife is seriously concerned about out T/A in May. We disembark in Bacelona. I agree it can happen anywhere. I was in NY on 9/11. But at least here, in most of the states I can defend and protect myself.

Really -- what defense or protection can you give yourself against it happening even here.....don't forget Boston. Keeping yourself aware of surroundings, can only go so far.

This event was criminal and terrible and many many other adjectives.

In life, we just have to go along our way, not letting others deter us from our plan. If we stop doing what we want -- they win.

All countries need to have as effective policing as possibly for its own citizens and tourists alike, but at the end of the day, there isn't much I can do to defend/protect myself from these type of things.

My wife is seriously concerned about out T/A in May. We disembark in Bacelona. I agree it can happen anywhere. I was in NY on 9/11. But at least here, in most of the states I can defend and protect myself.

What an extrodinary statement.

Perhaps you had better cancel your cruise and stay home where you can be so safe.

Thoughts and prayers to all who have been effected and their families. The remaining passengers and crew on the ship I imagine will also never be the same. Living thru a devastation like this will stay with you a long time. My prayers to these people also.