Oasis Delayed boarding announcement

Today we received a phone call and an email from RCCL informing us of boarding times for this Saturday....

ImageUploadedByForums1426732115.432976.jpg.badadf5340f6e4cb7ccf114d0108b0b7.jpg

I can't imagine my children will want to wait until 2:30 to board, we were planning to be at the port by 10:30.

Anyone know why it's so late?

Edited by lovefamilytime

I was on the Oasis for Feb. 21 and Feb. 28 cruises. Both times I got calls and e-mails telling me deck 9, which our cabin was on, should check-in at 2:30. It also said if we had arranged transportation, to arrive at 12:00.

We had flown in the day before for the Feb. 21 cruise and were at a hotel and had to check out by 11:00. We had arranged to go to the pier at 11:00. We had no line checking in between 11:30 and 12:00 and never stopped walking until we boarded the ship.

They appear to assign times based on what deck you are on. We did what was most convenient for us since we had to check out and had luggage.

On both departure days, people were still leaving the ship at 10:30, so you may have a short wait before you board, if you arrive at 10:30. The Oasis is the only ship I have ever received a phone call or e-mail on when specifically to arrive at the pier. The day you board is Day 1.

Today we received a phone call and an email from RCCL informing us of boarding times for this Saturday....

[ATTACH]343621[/ATTACH]

I can't imagine my children will want to wait until 2:30 to board, we were planning to be at the port by 10:30.

Anyone know why it's so late?

We were on the 3/7 Oasis sailing and received the same notification Wednesday before the cruise. (we were on deck 12). As we had to check out of our hotel by 11:00, we headed to the port around 10:30 and on the ship by 11:30, no questions asked. I'm sure their intention is limit the early crowds at the port, with passengers leaving and arriving. There was a LOT of congestion when arriving and off loading luggage and parking was a little hectic. However, once we entered the terminal, it was very quick. Once on board, we had lunch at the Wipe Out Café (deck 15) to avoid the Windjammer. Enjoy your cruise!

On Oasis right now! We got a call saying to arrive at the port around 1:30 I think? Anyways I ignored it and we arrived around 11:15 and literally walked right on. A minute at the security check point, walked right up to an agent to get our sea pass cards and photos taken, walked right up to take our embarkation photo, took the escalators up and this is where we had to wait a FEW minutes for my daughter to get her muster ID band since she is 12 and under. As soon as she got her band on, we boarded the ship! Fastest embarkation ever!

On Oasis right now! We got a call saying to arrive at the port around 1:30 I think? Anyways I ignored it and we arrived around 11:15 and literally walked right on. A minute at the security check point, walked right up to an agent to get our sea pass cards and photos taken, walked right up to take our embarkation photo, took the escalators up and this is where we had to wait a FEW minutes for my daughter to get her muster ID band since she is 12 and under. As soon as she got her band on, we boarded the ship! Fastest embarkation ever!

Those emails with the boarding times are generally ignored by cruisers, and have not impacted when they board the ship (not just Oasis cruisers are getting those emails, BTW).

Since you currently are on Oasis, can you let me know who is the Activity Manager onboard assisting the Cruise Director?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same call telling me to arrive at 2PM. We pulled into the terminal a few minutes before 11 yesterday and had no issues boarding. Check was immediate with no wait at all and then once boarding started it was less than 15 minutes and we were on. The group I'm with are Gold C&A which helps a little but it really was no big deal at all.

Edited by donsullivan