Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

amarillocruisecat: This is becoming a real mystery. I still can't see them and can see all the other pictures posted.

a-tx-brit: Are you having fun with us? I even did as you suggested and checked "Edit Options"...then "Thread Display Options " and made sure I had "Show Images (including attached images and images in p><p>I

Just to proove to myself again that I can do this here is a picture of the Radiance of the Seas leaving San Diego harbor this May 7th. We went down to the bay to get a first had look at the ship we will be on in Alaska next May.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/tyrsam/LeavingSanDiego.jpg' alt='LeavingSanDiego.jpg'>

amarillocruisecat: This is becoming a real mystery. I still can't see them and can see all the other pictures posted.

a-tx-brit: Are you having fun with us? I even did as you suggested and checked "Edit Options"...then "Thread Display Options " and made sure I had "Show Images (including attached images and images in p><p>I

Just to proove to myself again that I can do this here is a picture of the Radiance of the Seas leaving San Diego harbor this May 7th. We went down to the bay to get a first had look at the ship we will be on in Alaska next May.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/tyrsam/LeavingSanDiego.jpg' alt='LeavingSanDiego.jpg'>

There are no photos. There are links. The reason Amarillocruisecat can see the photos is because most likely the photo are on Amarillocruisecat's computer. When Amarillocruisecat's computer is connected, the link to the photos works. When Amarillocruisecat's computer is not connected, the link to the photos does not work. Anyone looking while Amarillocruisecat's computer is connected will also see the photos. That is why the photos have to be hosted on the Internet somewhere, so that the link to the photos is always valid and thus works.

images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Images/531263045/photos1425/1/40/85/30/70/4/470308540107_0_BG.jpg

This is the link used...hosted by Kodak .......no joke... I can still see them!dog2.jpg[/img]

Can you see this?

I found instructions in a previous posting. I should have looked before asking the question :o.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots I took on our last cruise aboard Splendour of the Seas. The first shows Splendour and Norwegian Dream anchored off Cozumel and was taken from the tender as we headed back to the ship. The second is of Norwegian Dream and was taken from our balcony just before we departed Cozumel.

470308540107_0_BG.jpg

128908540107_0_BG.jpg

Yes, now that the dot next to your name is green, meaning that you are connected, I can see the photos. Before, when the dot next to your name was dark, I could not see the photos.

images.kodakgallery.com/servlet/Images/531263045/photos1425/1/40/85/30/70/4/470308540107_0_BG.jpg

This is the link used...hosted by Kodak .......no joke... I can still see them!dog2.jpg[/img]

Can you see this?

I can see a link at the top (no photo, just the link) and below that is a photo of a dog stuck in a car seat.

I can still see the photos on the posted messages when I am logged into my home computer, but I checked from my work computer (don't tell my boss) and I could not see the photos. Obivously I'm still doing something wrong. I'll read the instructions referenced by Tyrkitty and try again. In the meantime, you can always see our photos by visiting our Kodakgallery site - just click on our CC name and then click visit homepage.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Your instructions work. Following your instructions I can see the photos. However, from what you are saying, I'm betting you linked to the photos from your computer, not from the Internet. Because, now that the dot next to your name is green, I can see the photos. Like you at work, when the dot next to your name is dark, I can not see the photos.

Your instructions work. Following your instructions I can see the photos. However, from what you are saying, I'm betting you linked to the photos from your computer, not from the Internet. Because, now that the dot next to your name is green, I can see the photos. Like you at work, when the dot next to your name is dark, I can not see the photos.

The photos I linked to are on the internet at my web photo site at www.Kodakgallery.com. This is a relatively new service of the Kodak EasyShare service that I pay for. Perhaps there are problems with linking to it. I'll try one of the free services mentioned in some of the other posts and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tidbit of info on the green dot. I was wondering about it the other day.

The problem with depending on free photo storage sites is that much of their operating revenue is derived from advertisements. The usually don't let you link directly to the images because then you don't have to go to their site and you miss seeing the ads.

The problem with depending on free photo storage sites is that much of their operating revenue is derived from advertisements. The usually don't let you link directly to the images because then you don't have to go to their site and you miss seeing the ads.

All my photos are from one of two photo sites. One is the photo gallery of another cruise board. The other is photobuckets.com (a free photo hosting site). No one has mentioned having any problems seeing any of the photos I posted.

Yes, now that the dot next to your name is green, meaning that you are connected, I can see the photos. Before, when the dot next to your name was dark, I could not see the photos.

Strange....I can see them now & amarillocruisecat is offline. (not green)!

OK I've got to add my two cents here again. I still couldn't see amarillocruisecat's pictures, so I right clicked on the box with the rec x where her pictures should be and clicked on Properties, copied the link into my browser. As soon as I did that I saw her pictures and now can them in all her posts - They are beautiful pictures. I think I can see them now because they are somehow in my computer by what I did. I must have somehow established the link. I use AOL - don't know if that affects anything.

OK I've got to add my two cents here again. I still couldn't see amarillocruisecat's pictures, so I right clicked on the box with the rec x where her pictures should be and clicked on Properties, copied the link into my browser. As soon as I did that I saw her pictures and now can them in all her posts - They are beautiful pictures. I think I can see them now because they are somehow in my computer by what I did. I must have somehow established the link. I use AOL - don't know if that affects anything.

Thanks for the note Tyrkitty. By the way, I'm a he and not a her. My wife and I both post under this login (hope that is not a no-no), but I started this particular conversation. My last comment on the subject of my photos. I believe I have done everything correctly - photos are on the web (at http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/amarillocruisecatphotos), I viewed the photos at the Kodakgallery web site, right clicked and viewed the photo properties, copied the URL link to the photo and pasted it into the Insert Image pop up box. I cannot explain the inability to view the photos. I too, was not able to view the photos when I tried viewing the postings from my work computer (I posted the images from my home computer), but was able to perform the task described by Tyrkitty above and then was able to view them.

At this point I tend to think the problem is with the Kodakgallery web site. I'd be interested to hear from others who use the site. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions and your patience.

I was able to see your photos. They brought back some great memories because we took that very same tour in 03! I loved the beach below Tulum, it is just so beautiful.:p

Are you happy with the kodak gallery? I have been using shutterfly and snapfish, but have an account with Kodak Gallery because of my new camera.

I think you are on to something there, because I can see the photos now also, and that happened after I went to the Kodak web site and viewed them. I am not sure what is going on here, but my guess is our computers learn where the data is that is linked to.

Cruizer' date=' I still don't see it. I know the link works, but I would love to actually get the photo here[/quote']

You don't see it? Not only do I see it in my post, but I also see it in your quote of my post. I don't know why you do not see it.