Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

Help - what am I doing wrong - sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I click on the paperclip and upload the picture, but what is the next step to get it to appear in the thread as a picture not a link?

Tyrkitty,

There's 2 ways to insert the pic in the post (not as a link).

1 - When you click the reply button, there is a little yellow picture box that looks it has a mountain and sun, push that button ("insert picture").

2 - use the code the address of pic - in order to do this one, you have to have a URL for the pic (like hosted on a site)

Hope this helps ya, I spent over an hour reading old posts last nite learning how to do this... let me know if I can help ya anymore:)

Help - what am I doing wrong - sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I click on the paperclip and upload the picture, but what is the next step to get it to appear in the thread as a picture not a link?

Is this what you are trying to do?

attachment.php?attachmentid=21279&d=1147141806

attachment.php?attachmentid=21278&d=1147141781

Cuizer2,

You are obviously the one that can help me! How did you do that? I have had a single picture show up before, but never two and even with one it seems to be hit or miss. I resize my pictures to meet the requirements and then click on the paperclip - locate my picture - upload and send. Sometimes I do the preview post, but I don't think I have ever seen them there even when they show up in my post. There must be one step I'm not doing right. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me and for fixing my post this time.

Cuizer2,

You are obviously the one that can help me! How did you do that? I have had a single picture show up before, but never two and even with one it seems to be hit or miss. I resize my pictures to meet the requirements and then click on the paperclip - locate my picture - upload and send. Sometimes I do the preview post, but I don't think I have ever seen them there even when they show up in my post. There must be one step I'm not doing right. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me and for fixing my post this time.

I post pictures (including yours) by using links. There are two links, and which link you use depends on what information you can provide. I use the Firefox browser (free at http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ ). When I right click on any photograph I get a menu that includes an option to save the image (in case I want to use the photo for some legal purpose) or another option is to copy its location. In the case of your two photos I clicked on the links you provided, right clicked on the photo and saved its location. Because Firefox allows me to open more than one browser via tabs, this was fairly easy for me.

At any rate, I then go to the tool bar above the message box where you type in a message. Left click on the yellow box with a mountain in it (just below the arrow pointing to the left - if you leave your mouse pointer on it, you should see "Insert Image"). A window will pop up. Put your mouse pointer inside the area where you should type (in the pop up window) and right click. Then paste the address you just copied. The photo will then be visable in your message box.

What is important here is that the photo must already be available on the Internet. To put it another way, I did not post your photo, I just linked to it (I call it a visable link). When done this way, size is not an issue. For example, below is a photo of a strange fish that found its way into my pool ...

May22_08.jpg

If you right click on the photo you will see that it is 800 x 600 (which is too big to post if you try the paper clip method). However, its size is not a problem because I have not actually posted the photo, I linked to it (the space taken up by a link to a small photo is the same as the space taken up by a link to a large photo).

So where is this photo on the Interenet? It is on a free photo hosting web site call Photobucket ( http://www.photobucket.com/ ). Depending on which address I copy, I can use the method described above to post the photo, or I can use the earth link icon above (put your mouse on it and the message that pops us is "Insert Link"). It works just fine, but for some reason I always get two of every photo and then I have to delete one.

Below I use the earth link method (I did not delete the second photo so you can see what happens). When using the earth link icon, I copy and paste the information found on the "Tag" line in Photobucket (when using the yellow box with a mountain in it I copy the "Url" line). The photo is of a jet carrying a bunch of people who over packed for their cruise ...

Oops.jpg">Oops.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the very detailed information. I will have to explore using photobucket for the larger file sized pictures. I experimented and was able to do what you said with the small file size picture I was trying to post.

Let’s have some fun!

Let’s all post the best picture(s) you have from your cruise.

For me this is the best picture. It has everything: My lovely wife, palm trees, a sandy beach, blue water, lots of sun and cruise ships in the background.

I have seen some of the pictures posted from some of the nice people on this board, and I know there are a lot of pictures a lot better than mine.

Show what you’ve got!

What is your best cruise picture?

THis is my son ....Hes just woke up and is enjoying the balcony...the water is so blue and the camera is fogged up just enough to give the pictue a warm effect....I love it....

1131929221_ACarnivalVictoryCruiseOct2005(639).jpg.96a4badb7510dcac40fd8873e205e8d7.jpg

THis is my son ....Hes just woke up and is enjoying the balcony...the water is so blue and the camera is fogged up just enough to give the pictue a warm effect....I love it....

I don't see a photo. Can you try it again?

Never mind, I soon as I posted this you photo became visable (figures - once again the computer makes me look like a fool).

Whistler, BC, Canada - a view from the top of Blackcomb Mountain

P8050204.jpg

Seattle, WA - view from the top of the Space Needle. Notice Mount Rainier in the background.

P8010087.jpg

Sawyer Glacier while cruising Alaska July 2004 aboard the Norwegian Spirit.P7270287.jpg

Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, Alaska. My jaw just dropped when seeing it for the first time.

P7270157.jpg

Keep the pictures coming...everyone had some really great memories to share.

Thanks for posting!

Here's a couple more for ya...

This one is my fav

1038ls8.jpg

My son after returning from a full excursion day... beds are soooo comfy

This one is just so picturesque (sp?)

1038rxi.jpg

St. Maarten Beach, 2005

I love this thread, so glad to see it still going...