Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

I get to anxious and forget to enlarge them before i copy and paste

2291057840103583464S600x600Q85.jpg

This looks so much better than what we have a home. We were suppose to have a all day wrestling meet that got canceled because we are completely iced in in Ohio. Everything is off for the day. Just finished cleaning the house and if I can stay off these boards I have the whole rest of the day to finally start my scrapbook from the cruise.

thought you werent supposed to take pics in the terminal building;)

I've never had a problem with that, although I don't know if anyone in security saw me. I would imagine that they would frown upon taking pictures of the security screening area.

Half Moon Cruise terminal, Norfolk VA:

2101088000065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

Vancouver BC airport:

2970559840065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

2804232180065523202S600x600Q85.jpg

Have fun scrapbooking today. I love the hobby too and have several books started both on Shutterfly and actual paper books here at home.

They are alot of fun to do.

We dont have the ice, but we're cold and have been dumped on for 2 months so we have 12 foot snowbanks out the window. Cant wait for spring to arrive and it can all go away.

Well, got the first couple of pages of the book done. We don't have anything going on again today so I will be able to work on it again.

I got the couple of pre-cruise days done, so today I get to start with the beautiful Serenade.......................

2599639020103583464S600x600Q85.jpg

So far, after 11 cruises, the one that has been my favorite so far has been on Serenade. The ports were fantastic (southern caribbean), excursions amazing, and the people we sailed with were unforgettable.

That's a beautiful photo Dave. You have quite an eye for interesting shots. :)

Bryan

Thanks Bryan!

The people under the overhang that were watching me crouch over the table in the rain probably had an entirely different set of comments about me...:o

Dave

That is an interesting shot, it was in the photobook. You had many very interesting shots, and I'm learning alot on this thread what to look for in photography.

I have been scanning photos from our old photo albums to put on CDs to preserve them. It is a job, carefully lifting them off the sticky 'magnetic' pages on some albums. Then later we had smartened up and used the plastic sleeve pages. It's like a trip down memory lane going through them. I'm also deciding which ones to use in the family scrapbook I am planning on doing. We didn't take as many pictures back then, thank goodness, like I do today. Maybe will just go ahead and do a photobook, it would be easier and I wouldn't have to get all the page embellishments, papers, etc.

So, yes the past week I have been on this computer most of the day doing all this and popping in on here when a notice of a new post shows up iin my email.

Happy scrapping and snapping.:D

That is an interesting shot, it was in the photobook. You had many very interesting shots, and I'm learning alot on this thread what to look for in photography.

That is a great way to grow photo skills. I don't know how many hours I spent (and still spend) looking at photos from other people's galleries and professional work. It has given me ideas and, at the very least, a clear view of what I like and don't like.

I have been scanning photos from our old photo albums to put on CDs to preserve them. It is a job, carefully lifting them off the sticky 'magnetic' pages on some albums. Then later we had smartened up and used the plastic sleeve pages. It's like a trip down memory lane going through them. I'm also deciding which ones to use in the family scrapbook I am planning on doing. We didn't take as many pictures back then, thank goodness, like I do today. Maybe will just go ahead and do a photobook, it would be easier and I wouldn't have to get all the page embellishments, papers, etc.

So, yes the past week I have been on this computer most of the day doing all this and popping in on here when a notice of a new post shows up iin my email.

Happy scrapping and snapping.:D

Scanning the old stuff is a real chore. I do about 25-30 every Saturday morning. I'm breaking it up so I don't get too burnt out. I have about 10,000 slides and photos to sort through, but likely will not scan more than about 10% - 15% of them.

Digital has revolutionized the family album! Scrapbooks have made a big resurgence, but photo books and DVD slide-shows are becoming more common as folks get comfortable with computers.

I have been shooting since I was about 10 years old and the past eight years have been the best (photographically) of my life! Yay Digital!

Good luck on the family album. Quite an undertaking!

Dave

Yes, also Webshots has an area on the right side of the page where they have the camera statistics, I think Shutterfly does too. That must be for people who want to know more about the photos (camera, settings on the cmera, flash or no flash). Thanks for nice comments on photos. I don't mind constructive criticism, always learning more about the craft.

I've had a camera attached to my hand for many years, I love photography, and it has rubbed off on my dtr too, she is a professional lifestyle photographer in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here is her site:

http://khollystudios.com

I sure enjoy seeing all these photos on here. Lots of talented photographers...keep them coming. :)

I looked at your daughter's site. She's a wonderful photographer! I'll have to tell my DDs that they'll have to have their weddings in Grand Rapids!! ;)

She might have a few openings left in 2009 !!!;) ...She travels...note the wedding in Virginia along the Chesapeake Bay.

And thanks...she has far surpassed being a chip off the 'ol block. But then the apples don't fall far from the tree. :p

Edited by Minn.cruisers