Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

That is very cool, Judy! I may have to breakdown and get Elements someday. It looks like fun.

I have this really cute picture of my grandson with his colorful teething beads--an extreme closeup. I'd love to make it b&w, but leave the beads colored. Is this something I could do with Photoshop Elements? Of course, he'll be 5 by the time I get around to it (he was 14 mos old when I took the pic).

That is very cool, Judy! I may have to breakdown and get Elements someday. It looks like fun.

I have this really cute picture of my grandson with his colorful teething beads--an extreme closeup. I'd love to make it b&w, but leave the beads colored. Is this something I could do with Photoshop Elements? Of course, he'll be 5 by the time I get around to it (he was 14 mos old when I took the pic).

Elements is a great program. You can do all sorts of things with it. You can easily make the B&W with just spots of color with the program. I just made title pages for my photo album from our Panama Canal cruise. I "doctored" each picture to make it look like a painting and then added the title in a fancy font. Fun!

BTW, if you have a Costco near you, there is a $30 coupon for PE7 making it just $49.

BTW, if you have a Costco near you, there is a $30 coupon for PE7 making it just $49.

Was the coupon in the coupon we just got in the mail? I hope I didn't toss it yesterday. I just gave it a cursory glance.

Thanks!

Cool pic, Dave. How's the job hunt going? I just found out I'll be losing mine in a few months, too, so I'm on the hunt, too.

Was the coupon in the coupon we just got in the mail? I hope I didn't toss it yesterday. I just gave it a cursory glance.

Yep. It came in yesterday's mail. If you are thinking about buying it be sure that your computer meets the requirements. You must have a 2 gigahertz or better processor. I bought it a while back and found that my almost new laptop was only 1.5 gigahertz so I couldn't use it. Fortunately, I hadn't opened it and Costco took it back.

Cool pic, Dave. How's the job hunt going? I just found out I'll be losing mine in a few months, too, so I'm on the hunt, too.

Thanks!

Job hunting is going great...job finding is sucking greatly! :(

Good luck on your search when the time comes.

Dave

n1138305526_30029348_5631.jpg

Awesome Jet Boat with the Sydney Bay Bridge in the background.

n1138305526_30029364_5577.jpg

The Sydney Harbor Bridge from the deck of the Celribity Millennium

n1138305526_30029357_4141.jpg

The Sydney Harbor Bridge at night from the deck of the Celribity Millennium.

n1138305526_30029356_3944.jpg

The Sydney Opra House at night from the deck of the Celribity Millennium.

n1138305526_30029351_2915.jpg

The Celribity Millennium in Circuliar Harbor in Sydney Australia.

n1138305526_30029489_4564.jpg

Here is a stitched together series of four pictures taken at Bondi Beach near Sydney Australia.

n1138305526_30029820_8095.jpg

My mother with the birds near Melbourne Australia.

n1138305526_30029363_5362.jpg

The Puffing Billy steam train near Melbourne Australia.

n1138305526_30029821_8445.jpg

Our Lunch at Tjanabi, a resturant at Federation Square in Melbourne was a Duo of wallaby and Kangaroo layered with warrigal spinach, wrapped in prosciutto and served on a wild rosella flower jus with a pepperberry lavosh.

WOW, I love the photo from St Maarten....must have been LOUD!!! Marian
It's even louder when a jet is taking off. The jet exhaust blows across the beach and we saw a 4-wheeler get blown into the water when a jet was taking off! :eek: Thankfully no one was in it's path at the time.

Here, I have a picture of it (see the 4-wheeler?):

DSC05810.jpg

Thankfully the guy saved his beer (see him holding it up?). :rolleyes:

Here is the picture I took right before that with DH being blown in the jet exhaust (I think the guy down in the edge of the water is going after the 4-wheeler):

DSC05809.jpg

Under the wing:

large.jpg

Wow! You're braver than me!! :D Great shot! I never got that close. Plus, I never would have been able to snap the picture at the appropriate time. It took me 4 planes to time it right to get the shot I posted. :o And we were only there about half an hour (on a small group tour with Joyce Prince) so I had very limited time to get a good shot. I was very happy with the result though (and thankful that 4 large planes landed in the short time we were there). :cool:

Umbrella Pine with Mt Vecuvius in the background (taken from Pompeii):

0057-DSC034851024x768.jpg

DH "tasting" the grapes at Pompeii:

0053-DSC034641024x768.jpg

Another picture dear to my heart. DH sitting on a wine barrel at Mastroberardino Winery (outside Naples – they make wine from Pompeii grapes). He was like a kid in a candy store!:

0059-DSC035921024x768.jpg

First class from Madrid to Newark (DH didn’t wipe the smile off his face for the 8+ hr flight):

0077-DSC037851024x768.jpg

Edited by Aprille

Great pictures, AZ_Roy! Were the cockatiels just loose like pigeons? Interesting!

They were in a park that we stopped at on the way back into Menbourne from riding the Puffing Billy Train. And yes, they were loose. There were dozens of them, and they would just fly up and land on you. There was a store there where you could buy small bags of bird seed. Those birds KNEW what those bags looked like too, and when they spotted the bags you became VERY popular with them. One of the videographers from the ship was with us and we both ended up on the cruise DVD. :D

How was the wallaby and kangaroo? Taste like chicken?

They were both delicious. The kangaroo was about like prime rib while the wallaby was kind of like bacon. So it was sort of like a bacon wrapped prime rib.

Our tour bus driver mentioned that there were millions and millions of kangaroos in Australia so someone should eat a few of them, so we at least had to try some. :)

Edited by AZ_Roy