Suite Guarantee?

BillOh

As I approach my 10th year here there is one subject I'll admit to having no knowledge about. I've read my threads about guarantee reservations. I've seen people get really good rates for inside guarantees up to suite guarantees. I know the concept and if you will, the risks. In about 37 days I'll be booking Oasis while on Freedom. This will be my first booking as diamond so I'll get that balcony discount, but having sailed twice on Allure I might be willing to pay a little more than the D class balcony for a suite guarantee. In all likelyhood I would get a JS, but aren't the guarantee rates a little lower than the normal book it directly? Are these guarantee rates available on only certain bookings? Are they available online or only by calling in?

As other poster said, they are not offered on all sailings, so not sure about booking while onboard. However, that's how we got on the Oasis. My husband wanted on that ship from the time it began sailing, but it was always a little high for us as we like the JS as well. But, a sail came along online, it was a guarantee, we booked it and landed on the hump! It was fabulous! :) I also inquired here on the boards before I booked it and was told 'there are no bad JSs on the Oasis' .... I took the chance and did well. We've done many gtys and always been pleased, even on other lines. But, we also always get the JS or whatever is comparable to that on the other lines. Good Luck and Happy Sailing! :)

I had a JS guarantee for the first time for our upcoming sailing next week on the Oasis. I ended up with a Grand Suite. The only problem is I won't want to go back to our normal balcony room on future cruises.....lol

That's AWESOME!! I've always hoped for that upgrade, but never gotten it! Have fun .... Happy Sailing! :)

I have booked "W" suite guarantee twice. First time I did not understand it completely (and my TA did not explain it completely). Here's the thing, as long as you are happy with *ANY* JS - book it. Mostly it means a JS with the outside possibility of getting something larger. I will only book it when it's significantly less than the current JS pricing since they will be picking my cabin.

I have booked "W" suite guarantee twice. First time I did not understand it completely (and my TA did not explain it completely). Here's the thing, as long as you are happy with *ANY* JS - book it. Mostly it means a JS with the outside possibility of getting something larger. I will only book it when it's significantly less than the current JS pricing since they will be picking my cabin.

That's true .... it could be 'any' and as I was advised when we booked the gty on HAL, it could be a handicapped suite as well. But, that didn't deter me that time and we ended up with a lovely suite then too. Before booking on Oasis, I consulted the board and as I said, was told there really aren't any 'bad' JSs, so went ahead. You can also check the deck plans and see where all the JSs are and go from there. I think if you are fussy about the location then maybe it's not a good idea, but if that doesn't matter, which it didn't for us, go for it. Or maybe we've just had really good luck. But to us, a JS is a JS and we've been happy each time and the savings were great! :) Still would love that upgrade to GS which I've never gotten tho, LOL!!