Self Disembark on the last day

cruisefan2012

I did notice "Show Cabin" signs going up on a couple of cabins Boat Show week but have heard that "Day Trippers" seem to be allowed on board between certain times. Not sure if they are Travel Agents or if it was just because of it being Boat Show week.

Regards John

I think they still do Day Visits, John. We did one several years ago, after which we really got the cruise bug. I think we arrived at about 9 30 - 10 am, had a tour and a lunch and then left, by about 1 30 pm. It cost about £25 then.

Edited by Scriv

Scriv, on Arcadia: self disembarkation 7.15-7.45 you keep luggage and take off yourself between this time. For those in a suite if you don't elect to do this (register at reception - FYI this has always been an option for us on cruises of any duration) you can disembark in usual way but you can choose what time to get off between 8.45 and 10.30. Hope this helps.

Edited by Florry

We self-disembarked from Oriana in October. It would have been very good without the delay and the very annoying passengers who disembarked with us trying to get ahead of the queue, but didn't have their luggage with them!

We were told it started from about 7 until 9. However, we were delayed as the tide was wrong for the bridge. I will definitely be doing it again.

If there is a cut off time for self disembarkation, what would happen if I/we missed the end time. Would they force me/us to remain on the ship for the next cruise;)

Before the earliest time for those not self disembarking?

Think of the chaos caused by someone with 3 cases trying to get of along with a few 100 people.....

It was open seating breakfast on Aurora last week from 7 am but self help was at 7.15 until 7.45 so there wasn't really time and had to go to the Snatch and Grab. Was off at 7.25 and on my prebooked cheap train at 9. I always take a small rucksack as hand luggage when planning self help disembarkation. Makes it easy to manage suitcase.

P&O sells day tickets to the ships when they're in Southampton. Another possible reason for the change in embarkation arrangements because they're trying to increase their revenue in this way?

Not sure why you think them being on board will hold things up. On our last cruise we were lucky enough to be in a mini suite, so were on board early and they were already having lunch . People have posted that if you do this you board about 9.30, when the majority of left the ship. I am sure the cabins they see are cleaned pronto..

Before the earliest time for those not self disembarking?

Think of the chaos caused by someone with 3 cases trying to get of along with a few 100 people.....

Fortunately we only have one manageable pull along case each. My question was tongue in cheek so to speak but thank you for the comment.

[quote name='the english lady']Yes you would be ok.
Just wanted to add enjoy your mini suite...lots...[/quote]

As long as I don't get lynched going through at an early embarkation time though with all the anger about the loyalty tiers not getting early times. :eek:

I don't think we are invited to the Welcome drinks from the mini suites, but quite honestly I don't really want to be as there is so much bad feeling and I wouldn't feel right.

So I will stay in my mini suite :)

[quote name='Scriv']As long as I don't get lynched going through at an early embarkation time though with all the anger about the loyalty tiers not getting early times. :eek:

I don't think we are invited to the Welcome drinks from the mini suites, but quite honestly I don't really want to be as there is so much bad feeling and I wouldn't feel right.

So I will stay in my mini suite :)[/QUOTE]

The mini suite people do get an invite to the welcome drinks. Do go, we did when we got upgraded in July - it was nice to at least get a taste of what we cannot normally aspire to!

Which cruise is it you are going on Scriv?

[quote name='Scriv']As long as I don't get lynched going through at an early embarkation time though with all the anger about the loyalty tiers not getting early times. :eek:

I was going to say do go. Nobody knows when you go in if you are in a suite or high tier loyalty.
People only know what people chose to tell them.
Do let us know what you thought about you cabin on your return...

[quote name='Scriv']OK I will be brave then if I get an invite. But will you guarantee my safety??;)

We are off tomorrow, Mystical Mother, on Oceana.:) Woohoo :)[/quote]

Didn't realise it was so soon! Have a wonderful trip and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.:)

Scriv, there is no bad feeling!

[quote name='Mysticalmother']The mini suite people do get an invite to the welcome drinks. Do go, we did when we got upgraded in July - it was nice to at least get a taste of what we cannot normally aspire to!
/quote]

Given passengers have just embarked, I assume everyone is in casual dress?

Don't worry.. I have never encountered bad feeling.

Also everyone is on holiday and which cabin you have doesn't usually come into the conversation, but, on the odd occasion it does, I have never ever encountered bad feeling or even thought about it.

Have a great cruise, enjoy every minute!