Hotels Amsterdam

Jordaan doesnot offer much choice in hotels, it is and was mostly houses and apartments for the people.

However with the help of expedia I found this for you.

http://www.expedia.nl/Jordaan-Amsterdam-Hotels.0-n6046532-0.Reisgids-Filter-Hotels

Since Amsterdam is rather compact and walkable most hotels in the center are not that far away.

Also google maps can be a great help to check locations.

PS Amsterdam information doesnot belong on the northern europe but western europe board, you will find also lots of there.

Jordaan doesnot offer much choice in hotels, it is and was mostly houses and apartments for the people.

http://www.expedia.nl/Jordaan-Amsterdam-Hotels.0-n6046532-0.Reisgids-Filter-Hotels

Since Amsterdam is rather compact and walkable most hotels in the center are not that far away.

PS Amsterdam information doesnot belong on the northern europe but western europe board, you will find also lots of there.

Thank you so much.

Wilma

Hi Ine

I have a friend in need of a hotel room, clean but reasonable price. Do you have a recommendation?

That is always a difficult question. What is a reasonable price?????

Have a look at a site as expedia.com, hotels.com or booking.com.

Price depends very much not only on location, but also if any large convention takes place. Those sites can be a great help for this.

Let me know if you need to know more.

I have a friend in need of a hotel room, clean but reasonable price. Do you have a recommendation?

We found the Movenpick to be reasonable

what is reasonable to one person my not be to others

We found the Movenpick to be reasonable

what is reasonable to one person my not be to others

I paid € 200 per night at the Grand Amrath for a superior deluxe room. I have no idea if that was reasonable. It is a nice old hotel, but after arriving, I noticed the Doubletree with the great views of Amsterdam and it was about a 7 or 8 minute closer walk to the center of the city. It costs a little more, but had I known how nice it was and seen the views, that would have been my choice.

I paid € 200 per night at the Grand Amrath for a superior deluxe room. I have no idea if that was reasonable. It is a nice old hotel, but after arriving, I noticed the Doubletree with the great views of Amsterdam and it was about a 7 or 8 minute closer walk to the center of the city. It costs a little more, but had I known how nice it was and seen the views, that would have been my choice.

Doubletree is also newer ;)

Doubletree is also newer ;)

As soon as I saw it and location, I knew that I made a mistake. I also have Hilton points which I could have used. I love Amsterdam. Next time we go back, that's where we'll probably stay. :cool: