Classic Beverage Package

jmk22

Celebrity is offering a Classic Beverage Package as an incentive to book by March 31. There have been recent comments on this site about changes to this policy once onboard.

This is the information from their website.

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Does this seem accurate and have you found this worthwhile. Also, is the Fresh squeezed orange juice included in this package?

Thanks for any help

Celebrity is offering a Classic Beverage Package as an incentive to book by March 31. There have been recent comments on this site about changes to this policy once onboard.

This is the information from their website.

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Does this seem accurate and have you found this worthwhile. Also, is the Fresh squeezed orange juice included in this package?

Thanks for any help

We had the classic package on our last cruise, as well as our upcoming cruises and those are the $ amounts we were covered for. Yes, it did include the fresh squeezed juices as well as the smoothies at Aqua Cafe. We did not feel the need to upgrade, but you can do that pre-boarding or even after a day or two onboard. We have only had the package as an included perk, and probably wouldn't pay extra for it but it was def a nice perk to have!

Cathy

Yes, you are right about the classic package and what it includes.

Now for the FRESH SQUEEZED OJ you have the ongoing 16 pages and growing thread about this very topic.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160991

Hpoe you have lots of time this Sunday afternoon.... the thread is a hoot.:eek:

Edited by Azulann

Thanks for the information about the Classic Package. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. It seems to be worth the $300 credit you are giving up to get it. As to the OJ, that was a question my wife wanted to know about but it wouldn't have stopped me from choosing the package.

I will have to admit there is a plethora of information on CC about almost anything so I'm not surprised about the OJ controversy. Very interesting reading and you are right, it is a Hoot.

Thanks for the information about the Classic Package. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. It seems to be worth the $300 credit you are giving up to get it. As to the OJ, that was a question my wife wanted to know about but it wouldn't have stopped me from choosing the package.

I will have to admit there is a plethora of information on CC about almost anything so I'm not surprised about the OJ controversy. Very interesting reading and you are right, it is a Hoot.

I agree, if I can only choose one perk (and since we don't book CC or Aqua and can't afford a suite that's all we can choose) for us the bev package is by far the best deal. Keep in mind, if you choose OBC that's for the cabin, not each. Our TA pays our grats so it's a no-brainer for us. We'd never spend what the packages are worth but as a perk we definitely order more items than we would without it. Also keep in mind that it covers not only alcoholic drinks but pop, juice, bottled water as well as the delicious teas and coffees at Cafe Al Bacio!!

I would also add that I just found by selecting the package as an offer, the gratuities on the package are included. If you purchase the package as a separate entity, you pay an additional 15% gratuity. Makes it even a better deal.

The classic is the best perk. It offers enough choices to be able to drink all day without drinking the same drink and get intoxicated. Love the drink pack. We upgraded twice and no longer do that as we tried most Martinis and Molecular drinks and found them to be more of a gimmick and nothing to have again but still worth trying.

If you Google cruises you will find a few TAs that include paying your gratuites for most balcony cabins and above. I have one of them many times and they sometimes offer a agency discount plus some SBC?

Never had a problem using them and they don't charge any fees for changes or cancellations.

By using them you can basically get all three perks.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞😼

I would also add that I just found by selecting the package as an offer, the gratuities on the package are included. If you purchase the package as a separate entity, you pay an additional 15% gratuity. Makes it even a better deal.

The gratuity was recently raised to 18%...even better deal:D

hi I have been looking on celebrity website and i cannot find any info about the complimentary driunks package , I booked the baltics cruise two weeks ago to go this july and havent been told about this

can anyone shed light on this please

Edited by bryjohn
spelling

hi I have been looking on celebrity website and i cannot find any info about the complimentary driunks package , I booked the baltics cruise two weeks ago to go this july and havent been told about this

I assume your location is in the UK?

Many posters have stated that booking through the UK site, drink packages are not a current promotion.:(

I think you will find that you paid less without the drinks package. I have been checking prices and they have fallen considerably.

We have done the Baltic cruise twice, marvellous, and book private tours in St Petersburg. We used SPB tours both times and they were great. Check out your roll call, I expect someone is organising a private tour - I think all the usual tour operators out there are good. We booked small tours for 8 people, very easy to get around.