Car Rental Question

reefgeek83

I have searched the forum and can't find the answer, and haven't gotten much luck online. We arrive in Cozumel at 1pm and leave at 10pm on May 23. We are looking to rent a jeep for the time we are there, but most of the rental places close around 6 or 7.

Are there any rental places that let you drop off after hours?

Also, we come in on the Carnival Victory so I am assuming Port Mayan, anything close to that location?

Should I book now, or try my luck once I get there?

Thanks in advance.

Just a suggestion since I've been to Coz a lot both before and after the cruise lines invaded this once sleepy island. I would search for a driver who is willing to serve you for x amount of hours. Traffic can be horrendous and not without danger to tourists. Have both heard and read about "accident" scams that are geared towards extorting $$ from tourists that they know have to catch a ship and get out quick. Also with a driver if you choose to do a little imbibing of adult beverages you can do so without concern. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for the quick response, but we've also been to the island several times and would rather just have it the two of use. I've read the horror stories as well and aware of the scams, but this happens everywhere. Just have to be careful. As far as drinking, we both don't drink so that won't affect of driving abilities. Really, I am only looking for answers to my specific question. Thanks

. . . Really, I am only looking for answers to my specific question. Thanks

Then don't psot on a public message board because you are going to get lots of responses that have absolutely NOTHING to do with your question. If you don't like the responses then don't read them.

Now to answer your question. Most it not all of the rental car places anywhere near the port close by 6:00 with no late drop off. If you want a late drop off check the airport area.