Caribbean Princess Review - March 14th western caribbean

pcsunlover

Hi Brandee. I think you and I may have spoken a few times about the plumbing problem! Especially the first night it happened and we were standing by the elevator bank wondering where we should go at 4 a.m. It sounds like your cabin may have been impacted a little more than ours. At first I was skeptical that they would be able to save the carpet in our room, but by Wednesday it really didn't look any different than when we first boarded and there was no smell that we noticed. I mentioned that our bedskirt had water stains but it was never changed. We had pulled the curtains up as soon as we saw the mess so maybe that saved them from having to be replaced. (We have recently had severe water damage in our house due to a roofing problem so we kind of knew the drill and went into autopilot to start damage control)

I loved John Chandler-Burns! He was the best CD that we have had so far. All of the CD staff we interacted with were fun. I have been critical of Princess entertainment in the past, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it on this cruise, although we never did see any of the production shows.

Hi pcsunlover. That was us. By time we woke up the drapes were wet about 8 inches up. I think I told you, when I saw the water swaying back and forth on the floor..I told my husband..we're sinking. I guess one inch of water looks like a lot at 4 am. Originally, our only dry spot was outside the bathroom..so everything on the closet floor was put up (shoes and small luggage). Threw our large suitcases on top of the bed to stay dry. We were only inconvienced for the day, our neighbor had a lot of items damaged. I just feel I shouldn't have had to argue until 4:30pm for a rug change since it was still "sopping" wet and musty smelling.

Anyway, I agree the entertainment was good. Loved the production shows, too. The entertainment staff were fun. Did you get to "experience" Matt...so funny. He did the country western "bang" dancing and napkin folding. I was laughing so hard I cried. Had a great time.

Oh! we ended on a "great" note. Since there was such a big delay with immigration our car service left and we missed our flight homeicon9.gif:eek:.

Hi pcsunlover. That was us. By time we woke up the drapes were wet about 8 inches up. I think I told you, when I saw the water swaying back and forth on the floor..I told my husband..we're sinking. I guess one inch of water looks like a lot at 4 am. Originally, our only dry spot was outside the bathroom..so everything on the closet floor was put up (shoes and small luggage). Threw our large suitcases on top of the bed to stay dry. We were only inconvienced for the day, our neighbor had a lot of items damaged. I just feel I shouldn't have had to argue until 4:30pm for a rug change since it was still "sopping" wet and musty smelling.

Anyway, I agree the entertainment was good. Loved the production shows, too. The entertainment staff were fun. Did you get to "experience" Matt...so funny. He did the country western "bang" dancing and napkin folding. I was laughing so hard I cried. Had a great time.

Oh! we ended on a "great" note. Since there was such a big delay with immigration our car service left and we missed our flight homeicon9.gif:eek:.

We feel so fortunate that our room wasn't damaged as bad as yours and some of the others. We were really only inconvenienced for a couple of days.

Yes, I loved Matt - so funny. And oops, the CD's name is Paul, not John , sorry for the typo!

So sorry you missed your flight!! We were quite worried we might miss our flight too. Made it with a few minutes to spare thank goodness. So much for coming back relaxed!

We feel so fortunate that our room wasn't damaged as bad as yours and some of the others. We were really only inconvenienced for a couple of days.

Yes, I loved Matt - so funny. And oops, the CD's name is Paul, not John , sorry for the typo!

So sorry you missed your flight!! We were quite worried we might miss our flight too. Made it with a few minutes to spare thank goodness. So much for coming back relaxed!

Hi pcsunlover...what's that saying..when dealt lemons make a gin and tonic with a twist!!

After the car service (pre-paid) sent another car ..20 minutes..we get to the airport. My husband and I..my brother and his wife (they were in the next cabin down and had little water damage) get out of the car service mini van at the airport only to have the car pull away with one of my brother's suitcases still in the van. He starts running after the car..it was a comedy at this point.

Although our flight didn't leave yet..we were too late to check bags. We were given the option of leaving our luggage (?) and run to the gate because it might still be boarding. My sister in law walks with a cane. They offered us a wheelchair. Could you imagine what this would have looked like if we ran.

No flights available for three airports in the NY area..we even had them check West Palm flights. Booked us for Sunday same time.

Luckily, we got the last room at the Marriott Courtyard in Dania Beach..where we stayed at the beginning of our vacation. They gave us a "distressed passenger rate". :rolleyes: We all had a few gin and tonics with a twist of lemon :D Got home safe and sound..that's what counts!!

Hi pcsunlover...what's that saying..when dealt lemons make a gin and tonic with a twist!!

After the car service (pre-paid) sent another car ..20 minutes..we get to the airport. My husband and I..my brother and his wife (they were in the next cabin down and had little water damage) get out of the car service mini van at the airport only to have the car pull away with one of my brother's suitcases still in the van. He starts running after the car..it was a comedy at this point.

Although our flight didn't leave yet..we were too late to check bags. We were given the option of leaving our luggage (?) and run to the gate because it might still be boarding. My sister in law walks with a cane. They offered us a wheelchair. Could you imagine what this would have looked like if we ran.

No flights available for three airports in the NY area..we even had them check West Palm flights. Booked us for Sunday same time.

Luckily, we got the last room at the Marriott Courtyard in Dania Beach..where we stayed at the beginning of our vacation. They gave us a "distressed passenger rate". :rolleyes: We all had a few gin and tonics with a twist of lemon :D Got home safe and sound..that's what counts!!

Great attitude! What it boils down to for us and sounds like for you too, is that we got to spend a week in beautiful weather with people we love.

And I like the gin and tonic with a lemon twist - much better than making lemonade when life hands you a lemon! :)

I'm glad that your cruise was good overall. I'm so sorry about your flooding problem. Thankfully, we haven't encountered a situation like that during our cruises. It must have been awful.

I was wondering about Crooners. Our friend, Bert Stratton, usually is in Crooners, and had just joined the ship 2/26. Where was he appearing? He has been in the Explorer Lounge on longer cruises, so wondered if he entertained in there. Thanks!

Take care for now. Lynne

Hi everyone,

We are the cabin that had all the flooding on Caribe Deck. It was very bad. We had ankle deep water over the entire cabin, but it was clean water not sewage. We received a call at 4:00 am, and people knocking at our door. Princess staff starting immediately helping us. They moved us to another cabin on the same deck for the night, as sleeping there was not possible. In the morning, they told us they would fix the problem. They really did. By 2:00 in the afternoon, our cabin had been gutted and new carpeting, drapes and bedding installed. Everything was clean and shiny. Customer Service called and did 2 loads of laundry, returned the next day. Couldn't have done more to make a very stressful situation as good as possible. Can't say enough about our Room Steward and all the Princess staff involved.

I just wanted to let everyone know our 2 weeks on CB were great and even with all these issues we will continue to sail with Princess. Thanks for all the concern shown on this thread. GREATLY APPRECIATED! Ready to go again.

I'm glad that your cruise was good overall. I'm so sorry about your flooding problem. Thankfully, we haven't encountered a situation like that during our cruises. It must have been awful.

I was wondering about Crooners. Our friend, Bert Stratton, usually is in Crooners, and had just joined the ship 2/26. Where was he appearing? He has been in the Explorer Lounge on longer cruises, so wondered if he entertained in there. Thanks!

Take care for now. Lynne

He was appearing in Crooners on our sailing. I don't think he was in the Explorer Lounge at all. I wish he had been because then maybe we could have enjoyed his music. Crooners is much too small and the area around becomes very congested.

:)Hi everyone,

We are the cabin that had all the flooding on Caribe Deck. It was very bad. We had ankle deep water over the entire cabin, but it was clean water not sewage. We received a call at 4:00 am, and people knocking at our door. Princess staff starting immediately helping us. They moved us to another cabin on the same deck for the night, as sleeping there was not possible. In the morning, they told us they would fix the problem. They really did. By 2:00 in the afternoon, our cabin had been gutted and new carpeting, drapes and bedding installed. Everything was clean and shiny. Customer Service called and did 2 loads of laundry, returned the next day. Couldn't have done more to make a very stressful situation as good as possible. Can't say enough about our Room Steward and all the Princess staff involved.

I just wanted to let everyone know our 2 weeks on CB were great and even with all these issues we will continue to sail with Princess. Thanks for all the concern shown on this thread. Ready to go again.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know our 2 weeks on CB were great and even with all these issues we will continue to sail with Princess. Thanks for all the concern shown on this thread. GREATLY APPRECIATED! Ready to go again.

Wow, it sounds like they took better care of you than they did the rest of us. And I guess they should because you were obviously impacted the worst. Still, it sure would have been nice to have had a place to sleep for the rest of the night! We were told there were no extra cabins to move us to so we were left having to wander around the ship at 4 a.m. We had to deal with wet carpet and a large, loud fan in the middle of our cabin for 2 days. They never even replaced the bedskirt that was filthy from the flood.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the cruise anyways. We did too! :)

He was appearing in Crooners on our sailing. I don't think he was in the Explorer Lounge at all. I wish he had been because then maybe we could have enjoyed his music. Crooners is much too small and the area around becomes very congested.

We spent 4 nights at Crooners listening to Bert Stratton, we came at around 10 pm and stayed till the end, usually 11:30 to 12. We founds seats right away and always moved forward as people were leaving, he was great.

We spent 4 nights at Crooners listening to Bert Stratton, we came at around 10 pm and stayed till the end, usually 11:30 to 12. We founds seats right away and always moved forward as people were leaving, he was great.

You did much better than we did then. After some busy days we were in bed by 10:30 - 11. But I loved hearing him as we walked by!

Hi everyone,

Hi Karn..C523 here..we talked a few times over our balconies.

Glad you were treated so well by the staff the night/morning of the flood. But they dropped the ball with pcsunlover and me. They left us standing in the hall at 4am with no "direction". Just telling us "no other room available, go eat something at the International Cafe".

I got the impression they didn't know what to do with us especially after seeing how much water got into our stateroom. No eye contact. Even the passenger desk personnel told us, no rooms available, get a cup of coffee. Then what?

Still can't figure out why they didn't pull out our rug the same time as yours, instead of waiting 6 more hours and us with no dry place to stand in our room. They changed the curtains, drapes, bedskirt and bedspread quickly.

Luckily, I had nothing on the floor in the bedroom area and got everything off the closet floor before the water got that far. I know how much damage to personnel items you had..very upsetting for you. Hope all can be replaced.

Leo, our room steward, was the only crew member who helped us that day. He kept asking if we were okay..he had so much work to do that day redoing our rooms. Quite honestly, the rest really didn't care, no eye contact.

Karn, hope to meet again on another Princess cruise (minus the water feature):)

Take care for now. Lynne

Bert Stratton was a big hit on the cruise. He was at Crooners and most nights many people had to stand to "sing along" with him. Explorers Lounge probably would have been better venue for the crowd, but at Crooners you felt you were sitting at the piano with him.

Bert Stratton was a big hit on the cruise. He was at Crooners and most nights many people had to stand to "sing along" with him. Explorers Lounge probably would have been better venue for the crowd, but at Crooners you felt you were sitting at the piano with him.

Yes, we stood for awhile listening to him a few nights hoping for a seat eventually. But he was so good, nobody would leave! I think it would have been nice if they had him play in Explorer's at least one night so more people could enjoy his performance - comfortably.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Bert calls Crooners his "living room". :) From what I understand, he's in the Explorer's Lounge on longer cruises. We were on board for 9 days and he was in the Lounge once. It was a combination of a 5 and 4 day B2B cruise. I'm glad you enjoyed him. And, I was one of those who stayed until the end....his second set was very mellow after the first show, and was primarily him playing the piano unless he had a request that just "had" to be sung to do it justice. LOL. So, it was close to 1:00 before we left. I stood at the post the first time, then found seats inside by going early-and ran into the same "groupies" every night. One night, I was in the corner to his left-but front row. He is now off the ship and will be performing on the Star Princess on the Alaska itinerary for the Summer.

Your carpet situations were something else!! Wow. Thankfully, we haven't had something like that happen to us. Glad it was resolved to some degree.

Take care for now. Lynne

WE had been thinking of taking the Caribbean Princess when it moves to Houston. Now I'm not so sure. I had heard from many people that Princess was so much better than Carnival, although we have always enjoyed Carnival. Did I get the wrong message? PS - the reason we were thinking of changing is that I am 66 and wife is 58 and I had heard the Princess passengers are more our ages.