Upgrade Offer - thoughts

leehal

Congratulations leehal on your amazing upgrade. You will love your cruise. We are on the ship a bit after you. May 30, Baltics, just a few cabins down from where you will be. The only downside here is that you will never book an inside after this!:D Enjoy your cruise.

I forgot to say #1549 is what we call a hump cabin so yours will have a larger than normal balcony.

Edited by TeaBag

Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Managed to upgrade to Aqua Class today, ended up having a 'slight disagreement' when I rang Celebrity back. They were quoting a much higher amount today for the upgrade (also adding an increased gratuity fee), I refused to pay the extra saying that the person who offered me the upgrade didn't say that it had a time limit, or in the words of the second person I spoke to that it would change due to the booking system being a 'live system'.

They said they would listen to the original conversation and call me back, ended up they stood by the original price and we've booked. £350 for the 2 of us. Room 1549 which is on the Penthouse Floor, but with a restricted view, better than no view at all though! Doesn't look too bad from the Youtube video. Right by the elevators (hopefully not an issue from what I've read) but under the pool/deck which may be more of an issue.

Love the idea of Blu, we weren't intending on using the speciality restaurants so Blue seemed like a good upgrade. Breakfasts look lovely too.

Feeling really excited about the trip now, getting closer.

u

Hi leehal,

We are also on the 9th may cruise & in Aqua... See you there! :)

Great news about the crib upgrade to Aqua... Our first cruise was on celebrity a couple of years ago and similar to you we booked a cheap cabin to start of with and then a month before the cruise we got to upgrade to Aqua class for £37 each... Very happy indeed!

And although we were on the silhouette the cabin locations are the same on both the silouette & eclipse and we were in cabin 1551 so the one next to yours.. So just wanted to say we didn't have any issues with the obstruction (which is the window cleaning equipment) and we didn't have any noise from the pool deck above... Also to concidering is due to the weather I'm sure the pool deck won't be as busy on this cruise... That said I will be in the hot tubs and most likely the pool most days... :D

Not sure if your aware but there is a roll call for this cruise so feel free to join in and ask any questions you might have! :)

MR_T

Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Managed to upgrade to Aqua Class today, ended up having a 'slight disagreement' when I rang Celebrity back. They were quoting a much higher amount today for the upgrade (also adding an increased gratuity fee), I refused to pay the extra saying that the person who offered me the upgrade didn't say that it had a time limit, or in the words of the second person I spoke to that it would change due to the booking system being a 'live system'.

They said they would listen to the original conversation and call me back, ended up they stood by the original price and we've booked. £350 for the 2 of us. Room 1549 which is on the Penthouse Floor, but with a restricted view, better than no view at all though! Doesn't look too bad from the Youtube video. Right by the elevators (hopefully not an issue from what I've read) but under the pool/deck which may be more of an issue.

Love the idea of Blu, we weren't intending on using the speciality restaurants so Blue seemed like a good upgrade. Breakfasts look lovely too.

Feeling really excited about the trip now, getting closer.

Congratulations.

We love the Eclipse and we love Blu.

I hope Sue Denning (the cruise director) is still on board for your cruise.

She has the energy of 5 people and runs a GREAT entertainment program.

• 2 months later...

A quick follow up on this, so glad we upgraded to Aqua.

Loved Blu - the food, the setting, the tables for 2, the relaxed atmosphere.

Used the Spa and relaxation lounge quite a lot.

We've booked our next cruise in Aqua class so I guess it worked out for Celebrity!

We've booked our next cruise in Aqua class so I guess it worked out for Celebrity!

Thanks for the update of your experience of Aqua class. We will be trying this class soon.

It will be our first time with celebrity eclipse.

Catherine

Glad to hear you had a great time. We had a great time in the Baltics 4 years ago on The Eclipse. I'm curious though, were you offered the option to upgrade after final payment or before? Sue

Glad to hear you had a great time. We had a great time in the Baltics 4 years ago on The Eclipse. I'm curious though, were you offered the option to upgrade after final payment or before? Sue

Looking at my original post date it was around 5-6 weeks before sailing, we had paid the final payment by then.