I'm confused about times.

cpshaye

On our cruise out of Miami in May, we have 4 ports. The itinerary on the "Manage My Cruise" says the following:

Cozumel 8a-5p

Belize 8a-5p

Isla Roatan 7a-3p

Cayman Islands 10a-6p

Is that "ship time" or local time? Will "ship time" be EDT (like Florida)?

The one that is really blowing my mind is Isla Roatan. If the 7a-3p is EDT, that means we will be there from 5a-1p local time? That seems crazy!

Well I've never worried about what time it is on the islands. Your time is based on the ships time (which would be based on Miami time). I've been to the islands mentioned.

I suppose I'm not "worried" about it, but that's before sunrise! And we would have to be heading back during lunch time. We were hoping to go to Little French Key.

On our cruise out of Miami in May, we have 4 ports. The itinerary on the "Manage My Cruise" says the following:

Cozumel 8a-5p

Belize 8a-5p

Isla Roatan 7a-3p

Cayman Islands 10a-6p

The one that is really blowing my mind is Isla Roatan. If the 7a-3p is EDT, that means we will be there from 5a-1p local time? That seems crazy!

In our 14 cruises, I only remember one time where we were told to change our watches to the port time. Unfortunately, I don't remember which port this was and don't want to have to dig through all of my cruise folders to find out.

All time is ship time...it's ALL that matters to you! Local time....forget about it! Bring a watch and set it to whatever your ship's clocks say the time is....do NOT use your cell phone, as it will show local time!

Cozumel 8a-5p

Belize 8a-5p

Isla Roatan 7a-3p

Cayman Islands 10a-6p

Just got back from all of these ports except Cayman Island and we stayed on ship time which was Miami time. Even though it was early in Roatan you wouldn't have noticed because the sun was up as if it was later in the morning.

Cozumel 8a-5p

Belize 8a-5p

Isla Roatan 7a-3p

Cayman Islands 10a-6p

yep ship time, all the time !

and like someone else says, your cell phone will change times, be carfeul of that

I downloaded an app/widget to my phone main screen locked to Miami time. It helped alot. We didn't want to take any chances. We were still back on board 90 min before.

There were four left in St. Maarten, our last port.

you can also goto settings in your phone under time, and set it to never automatically update

All time is ship time...it's ALL that matters to you! Local time....forget about it! Bring a watch and set it to whatever your ship's clocks say the time is....do NOT use your cell phone, as it will show local time!

The only exception to that would be if you book a non-Carnival excursion. We missed our whale watching tour in Cabo because we were on ship's time and got there an hour late. Fortunately, they put us on the next tour.

I suppose I'm not "worried" about it, but that's before sunrise! And we would have to be heading back during lunch time. We were hoping to go to Little French Key.

On our last cruise we were talking to one of locals about that. My wife asked about the earliness of it and we were told the shops and the tours all open up because of the ship. Little French Key will most likely be open for you. Now weather you want to indulge so early on the ship's time is another matter.

I've hated having to get back on board at Roatan so early in the afternoon, but it's been like that every time I've been there. I'm guessing it has something to do with the next port being a good ways off.

I've booked quite a few private excursions in Roatan, and they've always been waiting for me when I get there - even when it's 5:30 AM local time...

Janis

I have booked a number of private excursions and they always ask which ship I am coming in on and have always been there waiting when we disembarked.

Some ports - especially Western Caribbean - do have very early arrival times if you go by island time - but even when I swear it had to be 5am their time the stores and excursions were ready and waiting to take us on our adventures.

Thanks, everyone.

The time DOES matter, because, as someone mentioned, it's a non-Carnival excursion.

I've contacted LFK and they said that yes, we can go that early and we would could be back early as well.

If it says we will be at the port until 3p (ship time), what time should we plan on being back? We'd like to get the maximum time on the excursion, but obviously don't want to cut it too close.