Freedom Deck 12 Family Panoramic Ocean View Room

I took that advice from CC before our cruise last week. We had 4 in our stateroom with one bathroom so that tip was extremely useful. I had the entire shower/locker room to myself every time so don't let the secret get out ;)

I'm quickly learning where to get my advice :)

would this room sleep 7?

Here is the description:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=FP&shipCode=FR&shipName=Freedom+Of+The+Seas+++++++++++

It says some can accomodate 3-4 guests. Seems strange that with pullmans and sofa bed that it would not accomodate more.

This is actually the link for the stateroom photographed in this post. It is the Family Panoramic Ocean View stateroom. (the link above is for the regular panoramic ocean view stateroom that does not have the extra 1/2 bath or the bunk room).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=FP&shipCode=FR

Royal's description on the website states that it has 1.5 bathrooms.

Two lower twin beds that convert to Royal King. Curtained section with bunk beds. Living area with double sofa bed, vanity and sitting area. One and a half baths with shower. Floor to ceiling wrap around panoramic windows, 76 inches high by 321 inches wide. (406 sq. ft.)

Edited by Woodmnky

Its available but not to me. We have 4 and you need 5 people minimum to book.

How are people with 3 / 4 people booking this cabin?

right now we are booked into promanade view cabins. and one inside cabin We have 7 people

if i move the 5 people into this cabin and keep the two in insdie cabins this move will cost us 600.00 more total.

guessing we are keeping what we have

• 1 month later...

We have 1804 booked for our 6 day cruise in March 2017. We managed to get it for about $650 Canadian per person including port fees for that trip. RCCL charges a lot for the 1st person, but the 2nd is (and always seems to be) 1/2 off. The 3rd through 6th people in the cabin were half off of the vastly reduced fare so fares 3 through six were only $275 each.

I did a lot of research to find out about the cabin prior to booking it and it was people on Cruisecritic that were far more helpful than the rep at RCCL who had never even heard of the cabin category before.

Looking forward to trying out this cabin and our cousin has 1854 on the same cruise (the other family panoramic oceanview cabin).

We have 1804 booked for our 6 day cruise in March 2017. We managed to get it for about $650 Canadian per person including port fees for that trip. RCCL charges a lot for the 1st person, but the 2nd is (and always seems to be) 1/2 off. The 3rd through 6th people in the cabin were half off of the vastly reduced fare so fares 3 through six were only $275 each.

Looking forward to trying out this cabin and our cousin has 1854 on the same cruise (the other family panoramic oceanview cabin).

Having more kids than us definitely reduces the per person cost. Since we're 5 in the sister cabin, we're paying $707 Canadian per person. The way I found my way to it was to mention Russ' name to the cruise agent and she found it no problem by backtracking on that reservation.

Now to pay for 2 cruises! (I know, eventually!)

Hi Adg15

Wondering how your cabin 1804 was on the Voyager of the Seas. What side of the ship is it on?

Cheers

Hello, sorry it took me so long to get back to this. We were actually in 1854, which is on the port side of the ship, so 1804 is on the starboard side. However, both because the cabin is so wide it almost seems like you are in the middle of the ship. We thought this cabin was amazing and would book it again in a heartbeat. The entrance - where both bathrooms are - is a little narrow, particularly if doors are opened at the same time :), but that was not really an issue. We had no problems with the closet space, but there were only four of us. We did not feel a lot of movement, but we did have great weather all week.

The views are amazing, even at night sometimes. We absolutely loved this cabin, far more spacious than a JS and in my view the best we ever had.

• 2 months later...

I called last night to check the price on the Panoramic Family rooms for our cruise in May. We currently have a Family Ocean View. The gentleman from RCI had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the stateroom category of PF and the room numbers (1804 & 1854) but he insisted that these rooms are just a regular ocean view room like the one we currently have booked on a different deck. He said that there were no Panoramic Family rooms.

If you go to Freedom of the Seas and then to the deck plan for deck 12, it does have these rooms listed as OV but if you go to Staterooms, then Ocean View, it does list a Panoramic Ocean view with the description of this room. Below this description it says "Stateroom Category: PF from 01 May 2016 to 15 April 2017". Could the future dates be part of the problem? We are going the end of May.

These rooms are available on the Freedom of the Seas, correct? Any suggestions on how to help the RCI agent find the rates? Do I just call back this evening and hope the person who answers knows about them? I know to check the rates for five or more, the agent usually has to contact another person to access them but I couldn't even get him to do that since he said they were the same room type we have and not panoramic.

Edited by Sandysbuddy

I called last night to check the price on the Panoramic Family rooms for our cruise in May. We currently have a Family Ocean View. The gentleman from RCI had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the stateroom category of PF and the room numbers (1804 & 1854) but he insisted that these rooms are just a regular ocean view room like the one we currently have booked on a different deck. He said that there were no Panoramic Family rooms.

If you go to Freedom of the Seas and then to the deck plan for deck 12, it does have these rooms listed as OV but if you go to Staterooms, then Ocean View, it does list a Panoramic Ocean view with the description of this room. Below this description it says "Stateroom Category: PF from 01 May 2016 to 15 April 2017". Could the future dates be part of the problem? We are going the end of May.

These rooms are available on the Freedom of the Seas, correct? Any suggestions on how to help the RCI agent find the rates? Do I just call back this evening and hope the person who answers knows about them? I know to check the rates for five or more, the agent usually has to contact another person to access them but I couldn't even get him to do that since he said they were the same room type we have and not panoramic.

It looks like Royal calls those rooms "FO" before April 2016, and then changes to "PF" after April 2016. These are available on Freedom, and they are Panoramic. I'd try calling C&A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, This is my first time going on a cruise and I just had a quick question. We're deciding to between booking one of these panoramic ocean rooms in the front or a smaller ocean view room on deck 2. The view in the panoramic room looks great and the rooms seems to be new and clean but we're mostly concerned with the ship movements. I read a lot of reviews that you feel a lot of movements in higher decks and in the front of ship. How bad is the movement? Did you get good sleep at nights?

Thanks

Our family styed on deck 12 room 1864 on Freedom and loved everything about it. The room was right at the front of the ship and the movement was so minimal you couldn't notice it and this was our first cruise so we expected the worst. The seas were fairly calm til the last night but even in a rather big storm with wind and rain it didn't bother us at all. I can't imagine any better room.

:)

Our family styed on deck 12 room 1864 on Freedom and loved everything about it. The room was right at the front of the ship and the movement was so minimal you couldn't notice it and this was our first cruise so we expected the worst. The seas were fairly calm til the last night but even in a rather big storm with wind and rain it didn't bother us at all. I can't imagine any better room.

:)

Awesome to hear this!! In 138 days this will also be our room!! Can't wait! Any pictures??

jpg.gif joans phone 082.jpg (14.3 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 084.jpg (11.6 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 086.jpg (7.1 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 081.jpg (7.9 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 139.jpg (9.1 KB)

I have never posted photo's before so hope this works. They are not great pics but may give an idea of the room. The pic of the bunk room was taken from the cabin door, the door handle is into the main bathroom which has vanity toilet and shower then to the left but not shown is the smaller bathroom with a toilet and vanity. There is a view from our room outside and the view from the helipad looking back up to our rooms which are the top row of windows. It was a much loved spot to sit by the windows and look out at the view.

2074462831_joansphone082.jpg.cc9bb9aceda0cac19b26cdda7516d936.jpg

1166590482_joansphone084.jpg.d33a958b02e7366e44232c13b9077603.jpg

579476498_joansphone086.jpg.60c096d00b01a344e94ddf8d950308ef.jpg

2146629845_joansphone081.jpg.a688b4330ccee7216b8a94e236593e9c.jpg

476277698_joansphone139.jpg.12e691e78d08bc12dd0ee0969bdcb926.jpg

jpg.gif joans phone 082.jpg (14.3 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 084.jpg (11.6 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 086.jpg (7.1 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 081.jpg (7.9 KB)

jpg.gif joans phone 139.jpg (9.1 KB)

I have never posted photo's before so hope this works. They are not great pics but may give an idea of the room. The pic of the bunk room was taken from the cabin door, the door handle is into the main bathroom which has vanity toilet and shower then to the left but not shown is the smaller bathroom with a toilet and vanity. There is a view from our room outside and the view from the helipad looking back up to our rooms which are the top row of windows. It was a much loved spot to sit by the windows and look out at the view.

Great pictures! However, I didn't think that 1864 had the "bunk bed" room... that's even better if it does! My son would love that....

I'm so sorry I was in the family room 1854. Really don't know how I forgot that. Sorry for misleading you but for what it's worth I would stay on deck 12 every time it was perfect.

Oh no, it's ok, no worries :-) I'm excited either way, especially with the deal I got when I reserved it over a year ago ;-) Thanks again!!

• 1 month later...

Are these rooms available on all Voyager and Freedom class ships? I hadn't heard about them before. We've done connecting staterooms but nothing where all 5 could fit in one room. We have connecting rooms booked again for April this year on the Navigator,

Wondering about the Navigator? When a room has "Family" in the title, does that normally mean it sleeps 5 instead of the typical 2-4?

We are a family of 5. Sounds like these Family Panoramic ocean view rooms could work for us?

Dan

Are these rooms available on all Voyager and Freedom class ships? ...

Panoramic OV staterooms are on Freedom, Voyager, Explorer, and Navigator. Being added to Liberty now.

Edited by clarea