FDR on visiting Cuba/other info

cbb

annual cruise ship industry convention in Miami last week:

"Once the rules allow us to go legally, once the embargo is lifted, which is the main restriction ... yes, we're ready," Frank Del Rio, president and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) told the Sun-Sentinel. "And I would bet that all of us in this town are ready to move at a drop of a hat."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-cruise-industry-address-miami-20150317-story.html

"My unfulfilled dream is to be on the bridge of one of my ships coming into Havana harbor," Norwegian Cruise Line's Del Rio, whose family left Cuba when he was a child, told CBS station WFOR-TV last month.

more musings and info from Mr DelRio:

http://www.worldcruiseindustryreview.com/features/featurethe-big-interview-frank-del-rio-4536927/

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed reading these. I like the comment about roasted chicken will be better on Oceania and entertainment on NCL. I know they can't be as good but maybe he can get the chicken a little better on NCL!! I too have high hopes that we can go to Cuba soon. I spent a year there while in the USN and would love to return however my clock is ticking.

Edited by hypercafe

I do hope that Mr Del Rio can realise his dream soon. This normalisation of relations is long, long overdue. Cuba has a lot to offer tourists - as Europeans have known for years.

...and Canadians....:D

Just a reminder that for some years we have been booked in the next cabin (sorry, stateroom) to Frank on Oceania's first cruise to Cuba. Confirm, Frank?

In the meantime we have sampled Cuba on a Greek cruise ship chartered by a Canadian company. Can't wait to go back - in comfort!

Edited by Balloon Man