When does Flowrider open?

Jenjer

We are sailing on Sunday its supposed to be around 50 and sunny. Usually right after lunch my daughter hits the flowrider. But since we are sailing from NY and not FL I was wondering when it opens? At approx. what temperature or day do they open it up.

Yes I know she is crazy but as a water polo player swimming when its 50 does not phase her......me I would be frozen.

We are sailing on Sunday its supposed to be around 50 and sunny. Usually right after lunch my daughter hits the flowrider. But since we are sailing from NY and not FL I was wondering when it opens? At approx. what temperature or day do they open it up.

Yes I know she is crazy but as a water polo player swimming when its 50 does not phase her......me I would be frozen.

I don't know if this helps (or if it works uploading), but here are the major Activities that we were interested in for the Quantum 8-Day we just completed. It was from the Daily Planner for each day. I haven't proofed it yet, but had sent it to friends who are on upcoming cruises.

DAYS AT SEA are in light blue background.

DAYS AT PORT are in a light pink background.

Notice that, for the days at port, the times available are limited. So, if you plan to stay on the ship to get a lot of extra time on something you really like and assume it will be line-free because everyone is off the ship, it isn't quite as open since the times open are reduced.

Activities_-_Quantum_8_Day.PNG

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I've been waiting what seems like forever for the 12 day compasses. :-D

It has been posted for a while - the problem is always to find the information.

Let me know if additional information is needed.

We were on the 3/13 sailing. The Flowrider was not open on embarkation day even though it was listed as such, maybe because it was too cold. It was open on the first sea day. My 16 year old son spent a lot of time on the Flowrider this cruise and said the water was heated, it was just cold standing in line some days. Be advised, a great time to go is if the weather is "iffy". There were several sessions where it was just my son and two other guys. Beats standing in line with 20 people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome spreadsheet!! Thanks for doing that for us!

You are welcome.

We did it for others we know that are about to cruise Quantum.

We have all of the "dailies," but we found it convenient to get all of the Activities (that they were interested in as major ones) on a cruise planner XL worksheet.

We did the same for the Shows (I'll look for a snapshot of that one).

That helps them plan and book and even change dining based on what shows the get to reserve and what activities they want to make sure they can get.

I wish they kept that the same every cruise, it would be so great! I can tell you the Day 2 10:30pm of Starwater has been cancelled on the 3-29 cruise, and they added a Day 1 at 8:15pm. We got an e-mail notifying us of the cancellation, inviting us to visit the Cruise Planner to choose from 6 other showings that week. I was there within 20 mins of the e-mail, and the ONLY option available was the new day 1 showing. LOL

We only have one guest entertainer scheduled on our cruise, days 4 & 5. Maybe they will add a second when we get there? That would be great. We enjoy going to a show every evening, and are kindof bummed that there isn't enough new ones each night.

We noticed on our last cruise a couple years ago that (not only on RCCL) entertainment options were slowing down. I think that we had 2 shows, 1 guest entertainer, and that was it in the main theater on our last Carnival cruise. One night the cruise director did a couple shows, Love & Marriage, that kind of thing, both were using passengers as entertainment, and one night had the big bingo game. I can't remember what else for the 7 night cruise, but there were nights where we were looking for something to do.

We're not old, in our fourties, but we have been cruising since 1992, and I think we're more in the older folks camp with liking things the way they are. We chose the QOS for our two teen boys. I think once they are off to college we will find ourselves back on the smaller boats with more traditional cruising experiences.

Oh, I just noticed that your itinerary is different than ours. We are in Port Canaveral until 11pm. Then we are going to Nassau first, staying 2pm until midnight, then CocoCay the next day. Maybe that's why we have the one headliner, as we are in port at night two nights in a row.