Best Caribbean ports?

asalligo

Hi everyone, I am almost ready to book my next cruise and I am down to ports. I am looking at Caribbean ports and would like to hit new ports we have not been to yet. We have done all the Bahamas ports and Cozumel and Key West, but are there any ports that you like a lot more than others? Why?

Personally I am enamored with the chair lift at Mahogany bay and the airport at St. Maarten.

I love to lay on a beautiful beach with beach service, so for me, my favorites are St. Maarten. St. Thomas, Mahogany Bay, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, etc.

Some folks are adventurous, zip lining, cave tubing, hiking, dune buggy, etc. They may prefer Jamaica, San Juan, Belize, Honduras, etc.

Others love nature, ruins and history, so Cozumel, Key West, Belize, Costa Maya, etc., may interest them.

And shoppers may prefer St Thomas, St Maarten, etc.

Can't wait to hit Aruba, St Lucia, Dominican Republic.

An itinerary with San Juan and St. Maarten would be at the top of my Caribbean list.

There's absolutely no other port like San Juan with its beautiful beaches, Historic Old San Juan, the rainforest, bioluminescent bay, and wonderful restaurants and shops. Plus it has the absolutely most beautiful and dramatic arrival of any port in the Caribbean with the majestic San Felipe del Morro Castle perched atop a cliff as you enter San Juan Bay.

St. Maarten, with its Dutch and French influence, is a very unique island. And Maho Beach and its proximity to the Princess Juliana Airport is also a unique experience only matched by a handful of places around the world.

Edited by Tapi

Barbados had the clearest water I have ever seen! We were out on a glass bottom boat in 20 feet of water and you could still see the bottom.

St. Kitts had very blue water, and very pretty hills and the combination of the two just made the island stunning.

So I chose those two ports for the sheer sights alone.

Activity wise, I think bar crawling through Key West is a blast, and the Dunn's River Falls climb in Ocho Rios is also a major highlight as well.

Very limited in my experience in the Caribbean.

My favorite was Belize. Most likely because of the recommendation by another CC'er on taking a "bucket list" excursion.

Happy sailing!

Ocho Rios is our favorite! Dunn's River Falls is a must do. I recommend going early and getting a cab to take you there as it is much less money and you will be on your time.

I also love love Ocho Rios. We did the river tubing as well as the falls.

You will see a lot of posts that say they stay on the ship during Jamaica. I love it so much that I personally look for cruises that stop there.

Very limited in my experience in the Caribbean.

My favorite was Belize. Most likely because of the recommendation by another CC'er on taking a "bucket list" excursion.

Happy sailing!

Bucket List Excursion?

Bucket List Excursion?

When we got to port we we a taxi to the airport and flew to Ambergris Caye (getting a fifteen minutes bird's eye-view of the many cayes of Belize) then to a local snorkel company who took us to us to sveral snorkel spots. It does not sound as significant as I am writing, but for me, was an unforgettable excursion.

The CC'er who had it on his bucket list had been to Belize like seven times before so he had really wanted this specific experience.

I thought Grand Turk was my favorite until I went to Half Moon Cay. Really any Caribbean island beats where I live. Have a great cruise no matter where you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

I have done 30 + cruises n have to say my favorite port is St. Maarten. In fact, we were there exactly 2 weeks ago today! I love the vibe of the island and that everything is so close to the ship. There is a free beach right off the ferry boat n tons of amazing shopping, if that's ur thing... We have done catamarans, snorkeling, and a beach on the French side and have to say have some wonderful memories! I have to b honest n say I also love, love, love Half Moon Cay. I try to b the first person off the boat and my husband has to drag me back on.... It is pure beauty... St. Lucia has to be my second favorite port because it is sooo beautiful n there is so much to do!

Where ever u go I'm sure u will have a great time!

Happy cruising,

Jacki