Best Caribbean ports?

asalligo

I also love love Ocho Rios. We did the river tubing as well as the falls.

You will see a lot of posts that say they stay on the ship during Jamaica. I love it so much that I personally look for cruises that stop there.

Yeah I have never understood why people would stay aboard and not get off on such a beautiful place. Been there many times and would definitely go back some time

St. Barths, Anguilla, Saba, Iles des Saintes, Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, Norman Island, and Peter Island in no particular order, and yes they were all visited on a cruise without going on any excursion.

Edited by zqvol

For Caribbean, after a great many cruises, my favorite islands/ports are San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Barth's, Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel not in any particular order.

Edited by sail7seas

Love Tortola, Jost Van Dyke in BVI for beaches and scenery.

For adventure, nothing beat our trip to Samana with an ATV excursion and swimming in the Pirates of the Caribbean Cave and Screws Spa (not really a spa!) in Dominica.

Also like St. Maarten.

I also love love Ocho Rios. We did the river tubing as well as the falls.

You will see a lot of posts that say they stay on the ship during Jamaica. I love it so much that I personally look for cruises that stop there.

It always shocks me when I see the things people say on these boards about Jamaica! It makes me wonder how much time they have spent on the island. I find the most aggressive vendors in every port to be the ones right at the cruise terminal. We are going back in just two months to Ocho Rios and we are taking the Bob Marley bus tour to Nine Mile! I hope we have time for the Jerk Center after.

It always shocks me when I see the things people say on these boards about Jamaica! It makes me wonder how much time they have spent on the island. I find the most aggressive vendors in every port to be the ones right at the cruise terminal. We are going back in just two months to Ocho Rios and we are taking the Bob Marley bus tour to Nine Mile! I hope we have time for the Jerk Center after.

Loved Ochos Rios, but Falmouth was definitely rough.