Insides or OV on Millenium

MomtoCCC

Hello

We are currently booked on my first Celebrity cruise in a C3 for Alaska in June 2016. Because the excursions in Alaska are so expensive, I'm contemplating switching to an inside or OV to save $$ which we can use for some fabulous excursions such as float planes, whale watching, etc..

Because the room is smaller (170 sq ft) vs the 190 sq ft I currently have booked, I was even thinking about 2 connecting inside rooms which would give us more space but still come out for much less (I know we have to pay single supplement)

I was looking at the deck plans - looks like there are inside rooms up on Deck 11? Are these noisy?

There are some connecting OVs on Deck 3 (over the dining room) that might work as well

Just wondered what people thought about these rooms.. thanks.

Hello

We are currently booked on my first Celebrity cruise in a C3 for Alaska in June 2016. Because the excursions in Alaska are so expensive, I'm contemplating switching to an inside or OV to save $$ which we can use for some fabulous excursions such as float planes, whale watching, etc..

Because the room is smaller (170 sq ft) vs the 190 sq ft I currently have booked, I was even thinking about 2 connecting inside rooms which would give us more space but still come out for much less (I know we have to pay single supplement)

I was looking at the deck plans - looks like there are inside rooms up on Deck 11? Are these noisy?

There are some connecting OVs on Deck 3 (over the dining room) that might work as well

Just wondered what people thought about these rooms.. thanks.

OV on Deck 3 would be my choice. We originally booked an Inside for last August, and switched last minute to OV. Glad we did, always nice to have some kind of view of Alaska!

Go for 3112 thru 3144. They are OV with huge windows. They used to be offices. Also have semi-private hallway. Any time we are on a "M" class ship we book one of those cabins.

I saw those - thought that would be a good location. Thanks.

We have been in the inside cabins on Deck 11; they are not noisy. Very quiet and nice because they are relatively new. They were added at the time of solsticization. Handy to run down to the oceanview cafe for coffee, etc. in the morning and to the sunset bar on Deck 10 where we tend to spend a lot of time visiting. Also, they are handy to the aft elevators to go down to dinner in the mdr in the evening. We enjoyed being in that location.

Regards,

Barbara

We had an inside cabin on the summit and thought it was sufficient for two people. It was small, but we really only shower, change, and sleep in the cabin so it was fine for us. The cabin didn't have a couch, but did have a chair. I'd get only one and save all the money for excursions. Don't forget that you will loose the drink package (or your other 123 go choice) if you switch to an inside cabin.

I had a deck 11 inside for a transcanal cruise and really liked it. It had really good access to the outside deck without having to wait on an elevator or go down stairs, although there was one flight of stairs outside to go down to the aft bar area. Very convenient. I have also had an oceanview on this ship, but not the one with the really large windows. It was nice also. I traveled solo, so I really can't comment on the roominess. More than ample for one.

Lesa

The rooms on Deck 11 are in a very nice location. Have stayed in the AQ rooms on the outside in that location, and loved being so close to the elevator, to the buffet, Sunset Bar, etc.. I also love staying mid-ship on Deck 3 (or did before I got hooked on balconies:)) as it is quiet, the calmest you can be in rough waters, and you can always quickly grab an elevator that is certain to be virtually empty. As has been said, before you change evaluate the cost vis a vis losing your 1-2-3 benefits and how you would use them (for example, if you like to use your vacation to relax your usual drinking habits and try new drinks, tip a few more than normal, etc.., you may not want to lose your drink package!).

I know there are fewer options in Alaska than in most ports, but also consider booking independent excursions to save $$. You usually won't save as much in Alaska, but it is worth checking.

All

Thanks for the input. I know we will lose the drink package but I don't think I will drink that much $$ in drinks anyway.. especially with a port intensive cruise. I usually bring 2 bottles of wine aboard.

Definitely options to consider.. Need to chat with family and see what they think :)

Go for 3112 thru 3144. They are OV with huge windows. They used to be offices. Also have semi-private hallway. Any time we are on a "M" class ship we book one of those cabins.

They were not offices. They were public space. I spent time enjoying that public space--great views out those windows.

Of course there are still great views out those windows, the views are simply available only to those who book those cabins.

They were not offices. They were public space. I spent time enjoying that public space--great views out those windows.

Of course there are still great views out those windows, the views are simply available only to those who book those cabins.

I stand corrected :o I found an older deck plan and see that the area used to contain a couple meeting rooms and a void space between the meeting rooms which was probably an open public space. I was misinformed by sales a few moons ago when I first booked one of those cabins :) At any rate they are quiet cabins with great views.

Edited by geospyder